1975.3

Months passed before Rory and Roger could even think about saying that they were fine. Roger was doing a hell of a lot better than Rory. He had even written a song for the new album they were about to record.
They would work on the new album in a big studio-house in the countryside. The band had even invited the girls to go with them, thinking that a bit of fresh air would be good for Rory.
Veronica was reluctant to go, she obviously couldn't leave her baby in London but she didn't want to make Rory or Roger uncomfortable, after all that invite was directed to Roy rather than to her.
The day before leaving Rory and Veronica were on a shopping trip. Veronica desperately needed baby supplies, but wouldn't want to enter the baby island with Rory there. They were all tiptoeing around any baby-related topic when they were with them knowing how much pain they were in.
"Ronnie, if you need to take things from the baby aisle, let's go."
"No,I'll just send John later" she replied, walking away.

They were sitting in a cafe in the summer heat.
"Did you decide what to do about the farm?" Rory asked.
"Yeah, I don't think I'll come, y'know..."
Veronica didn't say it, but she clearly meant "I don't want to step into your grieving process by rubbing into your face the fact that I have a baby".
Rory took her hand.
"Ronnie, you need to stop tiptoeing around that topic when me or Roger are around. You and John had a baby and we couldn't be happier for you. Yes, it's hard knowing that we won't ever hold our little one, but we really want to meet him. You should come to the farm and take little Robert as well."
And that's how Rory knew that she was getting better.

Being at the farm while the boys worked on their album was really a life saver for Rory. All the girls were helping around the farm and hanging around for countless hours in the studio. It was always fun for them to see how the guys created their music and how they got into arguments about every stupid little thing.
May and Rory were painting each other's nails in the kitchen when John ran inside.
"Rory, love, I think you might want to see this"
Rory and Mary looked at each other, worried that something might have happened.
"You can't possibly be serious"
They heard Freddie screaming before they even entered the room.
"Roger it's a song about a car" Brian screamed, bumping on the cupboard.
Rory knew exactly what was going on and started laughing. She felt like she hadn't laughed in ages.
"Roger wrote a song about a car?" asked Mary, confused.
"Yes, and now apparently he is in that cupboard" Rory said, falling on the sofa.
Freddie and Brian were still trying to get Roger out of there while John was on the sofa with the girls and could not stop laughing.
Brian sat next to Rory, putting his hands in his hair, exasperated.
"It's your turn now Rory, love"
Rory loudly sighed, got up and walked over to the cupboard. She knocked on the door.
"Roger, honey, will you please come out of there so we can talk like civilized people?"
Roger crossed his arms and shook his head.
"Tell Fred that I'm not getting out of here until he agrees to put I'm in love with my car out as a single"
"It's called I'm in love with my car?" Mary whispered in Brian's ear. Brain nodded and Mary had to cover her mouth in order to contain her laugh.
"Did you guys get that, or...?" Rory started talking but was cut off by Freddie.
"Oh hell no!"
Veronica walked in with baby Robert in her arms.
"What the hell is going on here? We could hear you from down there"
"Roger locked himself in the cupboard because we won't put out his car song" John whispered back.
Veronica sat on the armrest of the sofa. "This is going to be fun"
"Roger, honey, you can't possibly stay in there forever"
"I'll stay here as long as it takes"
The boys rolled their eyes.
"Roger we won't put out as a single a song about a car"
Brian had been trying to reason with him.
"You just say so because you want your own song out as a single"
"It's a song about a car for God's sake Roger!"
"Yeah, and it's good" Roger screamed.
"With my hand on your grease gun? Seriously Rog?"
Roger rolled his eyes and mimicked Brian.
"If you want it out, fine, we can put it in the album, but there is no way it's becoming a single"
"Then I'll stay here. It's quite comfortable, y'know"
"Yeah, because you're like two inches tall" whispered Brian under his breath, making Mary and Veronica laugh even more.
"Roger, will you at least try to find a compromise?" Rory tried to ask.
"Fine, I want on the B-side of Bohemian Rhapsody"
Freddie spat his drink.
"Once again, hell no"
"Roger please, try to resonate" Brian begged.
Roger didn't reply.
"Oh so you're giving us the silent treatment now"
Freddie walked out for a cigarette and the rest of the group followed him.
Rory stayed in the studio.
"Roger open up, it's just me"
Roger opened the door and looked out from the small crack, checking if it was really just Rory.
"You must have known about this, did you?" Roger asked, lighting the cigarette that Rory handed him.
"Yup and I'm having the time of my life"
"Then you can convince Freddie!" Rory rolled her eyes. How would she do that? She could not just go in and say "yo Freddie, put the song out a single, I'm from the future, trust me"
"Please" begged Roger, making goo-goo eyes at her. "It's the only song I wrote for the album" he said, pouting.
"Yeah, about that. I'm a bit offended that you didn't write a song about me"
Roger rolled his eyes, knowing that Rory was only joking.
"What, do I need to write a song about you to prove how much I love you?"
"No, but you have to admit that 'I'm in love with my girlfriend' sounds a lot nicer"
Roger put out the cigarette and closed himself back into the cupboard.
"It's a metaphor" he screamed.
"Alright, alright, I'll talk to Freddie"
Roger opened the door and kissed Rory.
"I love you" he screamed, while she was walking out.
"I know" she screamed back.

Rory walked in the kitchen, where they were all drinking tea.
"Did he come to his senses?" Brian asked.
Rory shook her head, grabbing a biscuit.
"Just put the damn song on the B-side, Freddie. It's actually quite good, I've heard it"
The boys looked at her in shock.
"You don't think it's ridiculous?" Brian asked her.
"No, I don't. It's just a metaphor, Brian"