Chapter 6- The Letters

Mackenzie's POV

I sat on my desk and grabbed a notebook from the shelf. Mom and Maddie were still at dance. I began writing:

May 4, 2015

Dear Diary,

I returned home today, after leaving. Honestly, I don't know if I made the right decision.

The tension I got right before the awards ceremony, the sadness I got when I found out I lost to both Maddie and Kendall.

It all was horrible. The favoritsm that Maddie got, I hated that. It was just taken too far, and that's why I ran away.

I know you will all realize that I came back, and everyone will be happy, but I won't be. I'm so sorry.

-----------

In one month, it will be my birthday, my 11th birthday. I hope that I will a good and nice moment, one that won't force me to cry.

-------------

I've had so many bad memories, most from the ALDC.

I'm actually pretty sure that my happiest memory at the ALDC is being on the top of the pyramid for the first time, but for the next 5 weeks I was at the bottom.

I was devastated finding out that Maddie and Kendall beat me.

Maddie, I know you love me, but you still broke my heart.

I sat on my bed and thought of all the memories with you, Maddie. Some good ones and some bad.

I remember when the favoritsm started, when I joined the Junior Elite Competition Team.

I remember when Mom had the producers put me on the show, so I would dance alongside you.

I remember when you froze on stage and Abby cried.

I remember when I was on the top of the pyramid for the first time.

I love you all.

xoxo

----------

I hid my diary safely at the back of my shelf. I looked at the clock. It was nightime already, 9:25 PM.

I knew Mom and Maddie would discover that I came back. They would be coming back from dance soon.

After a few minutes, I heard the garage open. I knew it was them.

I just stayed in my room though. They would know I came back. The lights shined brightly around in my room.

Maddie walked inside carrying her dance bag. She ran upstairs. While she came upstairs, she saw the light coming from my room.

Of course, she found out that I came back.

"Kenzie!!! You came back." Her eyes gleamed into mine.

"Yes."

"Kenzie, do you regret coming back," Maddie questioned.

"I don't know, Maddie. I really don't know."

By then, Mom came inside and she also found out I came back.

"Mackenzie, you're back!" She said. She hugged me and for once it was a good moment. A good reason to come back.

-----------

"Good night, Maddie," I said.

"Good night," she replied.

I layed in my bed, blankets tucked over me. A comfortable sleep. It was a dreamless one too, and for once a happy one.

A/N: That was Chapter 6! I hope you liked it and I'll update Chapter 7 soon!