Chapter 3- Day 2

The next morning I woke up at 7:15. I quickly changed into a sweatshirt and leggings, then I brushed my teeth and went downstairs for breakfast. After a quick breakfast of toast, I went back upstairs and started changing into my dancewear. We were supposed to be at the Abby Lee Dance Company by 8:30. I put on my ALDC dancewear. Also, I slipped into an ALDC sweatshirt. I did my hair into a high ponytail.

"Mackenzie! Let's go!" My mom screamed from downstairs, as she went out into the garage.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. I ran to grab my phone from my room and raced downstars. Heading into the laundry room, I got my dance bag and went out into the garage. My mom drove us to dance and after 25 minutes we were there. Gianna greeted us at the front desk, saying that Abby was in Studio A.

We put our dance bags in the Dancer's Den and headed into Studio A. Abby greeted us there and told us to start stretching. After 30 minutes of stretching and warming up, we returned to the Dancer's Den.

The schedule for the day was on the wall:

8:30-9:00- Warm up/stretching

9:00-10:00- Kendall solo rehearsal- Studio A

10:00-12:00- Group rehearsal- Studio A

12:00-12:30- Mackenzie solo rehearsal- Studio A

12:30-1:30- Lunch Break

1:30-3:30- Maddie solo rehearsal- Studio A

2:00-2:45- Mackenzie solo rehearsal- Studio B

3:30-5:00- Group rehearsal- Studio A

5:00-6:00- Kendall solo rehearsal- Studio A

6:00-7:00- Dinner break

7:00-8:30- Maddie solo rehearsal- Studio A

7:00-8:00- Kendall solo rehearsal- Studio B

8:30-9:30- Group rehearsal- Studio A

9:30-10:00- Mackenzie solo rehearsal- Studio A

Next to that schedule was another one. It was for the privates:

9:00-10:00- Maddie private- Studio B

2:30-3:30- Kendall private- Studio C

7:00-8:00- Chloe ballet private- Studio C

5:00-5:30- Mackenzie private- Studio C

I felt happy that Abby gave me an hour and 45 minutes of solo rehearsal because she usually didn't give me that much time, but I knew the next day would be different.

By the time it was 11:50, I was ready for my solo rehearsal. I knew I had to work hard to please Abby. But during my rehearsal, Abby kept screaming at me because I was doing something wrong, so she ended my rehearsal early at 12:15. While I walked out the door, I started crying and Abby yelled at me some more, saying that Maddie would do my solo better than I could.

Every other following solo rehearsal, she yelled at me. Even in the group rehearsals. But I still wanted to please Abby and show her that I could beat Maddie. I was happy because my private was with Gianna and Abby was working with Kendall in her solo.

What I wasn't happy about was that I had the least amout of rehearsal time for my solo. By the end of the day I wasn't happy because of Abby. She continued to yell and scream at me in every single rehearsal that day. She said that was Maddie was better than me, at my age.

-----------------------------------------

Every other following day was more and more miserable. But I still knew I had to beat Maddie. What I didn't know was that the next day, everything was going to fall apart and it would the hardest day I've ever lived.