Chapter 5- Returning Home

Mackenzie's POV

The next day was Thursday. It's been 5 days since I left. I knew they all missed me, but I still didn't know if I was going back.

I finally realized that I had my phone with me. I checked my messages and saw one from Maddie.

Mads💗: Where are you??? 😰😭 Are you coming back?

I responded:

Me: I'm in the meadows.

Me: I honestly don't know if I'm coming back

A few seconds later Maddie replied with:

Mads💗: What meadows?

I suddenly understood that Maddie didn't know about the meadows. She didn't know I came into the meadows when I was sad.

I didn't respond.

Mads💗: ??? where?

I texted her back with:

Me: You wouldn't understand.

Mads💗: Please Kenzie, tell me

I didn't want to tell her, I was afraid she'd come here with everyone else. I didn't want that. I didn't want to tell everyone the whole story, so I told her,

Me: Promise not to tell anyone?

Mads💗: I promise

Me: It's about 3 miles from home. It has a bunch of trees and plants, a lot of grass...

Mads💗: ok, please come back Kenz.

------------------

Maddie's POV

I was busy texting Kenzie, when my mom called to me, "Get ready for dance! We're leaving in 15 minutes!"

"Ok!" I replied.

I quickly texted Kenzie with:

Me: need to get to dance. Bye, love u❤️

Kenzie texted back swiftly:

Kenzie Boo💕: bye. I love u too

-------------

Kenzie's POV

Would I come back? That question floated around my head like crazy. But I finally did make my decision.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I was coming back.

------------

The next day, I headed off down the familiar streets near home and after about 30 minutes of walking, I spotted the house across the street. I headed down the street and opened the garage with the key pad, which we always used, and headed inside.

It was then when I finally realized how hungry I was, so I went into the kitchen and got out some chips. I ate them quickly and headed upstairs to my room.

I sent a quick text to Maddie:

Me: I decided to come home.

Maddie responded within one minute.

Mads💗: Really?!

I hastily replied to her text:

Me: Yes, I really came back.

Mads💗: Thank u, Kenzie!

Mads💗: gotta go Kenz. Love u! 😘

Me: Bye💛

I walked around my room and sat on the soft, beige carpet. I looked at all my trophies from group dances, solos, duets, and trios.

After that I sat on my bed and layed there. I looked through some old pictures. Some with only Maddie and I. I wished those old, happy memories would come back. Some pictures from before 'Dance Moms' started.

Then I just lied there on my bed, thinking. It was just peaceful there, no dance, no one else home...

A/N: I will update the next chapter soon! Please read my other stories and get them to 1k reads!