The Aftermath

The next few weeks were stressful, lots of police questioning, Marco's funeral, and lots of nightmares.
Almost every night Luke would have to wake me up from dreaming about that night over and over. Luke had multiple court appearances and to top it off he became the head of the publishing company for white wall publishing. I started working back there to help take some of the weight off of Luke's shoulders but we were both recovering from that night.

It was finally ruled as self defense, and the case was dropped, thankfully Luke could afford top lawyers and his security system had recorded most of the incident making the judges ruling slightly easier.

His parents had a really hard time with everything, barely talking to Luke at all, not even sitting with him at the funeral.

When we came home from work Luke was extremely stressed out, he was in his gym, letting off steam as he punched the boxing equipment with lots of aggression. I've never seen him so violent other than that night. Everything was different now.
He came out sweaty, and shirtless. I handed him a bottle of water, and he nodded at me as he chugged it vigorously out of breath.
We sat on the couch as he wiped his face with a small towel.
"Can I run something by you?" He looked over at me.
"Sure." I turned my attention to him.
"Let's go out of town for the weekend, nothing big just up to my parents house. They're in Italy anyways, I'm sure they wouldn't mind...and we need a little get away." He let out a sigh at the end.
"Okay. Do you want me to clear the calendar for Friday?", I pulled out my phone ready to make a note for it since I worked under him now.
"Clear it for Thursday. Let's give ourselves the extra day." He directed me.
"Ok I'll leave some notes for Sharon tomorrow." I told him as he got up from the couch and headed upstairs towards the bedroom. I heard the shower start. I followed after him. I stripped in the hallway. I opened the glass shower door and stepped in behind him. He hadn't touched me in weeks and I missed the way he touched me. I felt the steaming water hit my skin as I stepped closer rubbing my hands down his back as he stood under the water. He turned to face me and pulled me closer, just holding me for a moment underneath the running water as I traced my hands down his chest. He kissed me intensely as he backed me into the glass wall of the shower. He planted kisses from my neck to my shoulder down to my hip bone, my body igniting at his touch. "I missed this." I whispered against his neck as he picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his strong body as he kissed me again and again underneath the water running down our bodies. He gripped my ass tightly as he pressed me into the wall a little more. He placed himself inside me as I slid up and down on to him. I gasped as I felt every inch for the first time in weeks. I clenched myself tightly around him as he stroked deeper and deeper inside me. "Jessica, I love you." He whispered as he kept pumping inside of me. "I love you t-too." I moaned as I released around him inside me. He released and slowly set me down kissing me once more.

The next day at work I set notes for Sharon to cover things while we would be gone. "you guys are the cutest...enjoy yourselves." She smiled sweetly.
We left the office early in preparation of the weekend.

That night we packed our things and left instructions for the rabbit sitter. We ordered in and relaxed. Things started to feel decent again for once. In bed he stroked my hair out of my face and stared deeply into my eyes. "What is it?" I asked him as I noticed his gaze deepen. "I'm just so thankful for you." He sighed sweetly. "I love you." I kissed him gently.
"I love you." He pulled me into his chest.

The next morning the alarm went off around 10, I rolled over to turn it off, and noticed Luke wasn't in bed. I walked downstairs and noticed he was in the gym. He was doing pull-ups, and I admired from the hallway. His back muscles engaging every time he pulled up his biceps flexing as he lowered his body. I watched intently until he let go and saw me in the reflection. "What?" He looked at me looking at him. "Just admiring." I smiled as he walked closer.
He leaned down and kissed me as I ran my hands up his body from his abs to his chest.
As he went upstairs to shower I made breakfast, I prepared the coffee, made some eggs, and cut up some fruit. As he came down his hair still damp, I set out a plate for him, and poured him some coffee.
"I'm never gonna get used to this." He smirked.
"To what?" I sat down on a stool next to him.
"You in my kitchen, no pants, that sexy little look in your eyes." I blushed as he kept his gaze on me.
We finished eating and cleaned up before packing up the car and leaving.
We drove quite a while the top down the summer sun beaming down, the wind flowing through our hair. His hand on my thigh, the wind blowing the hem occasionally lifting up my dress. We finally got to the house and pulled into the driveway. "Do the statues ever creep you out?" I asked him playfully. "All the time." He chuckled.
Linda greeted us at the door, she takes care of the house even when Floyd and Alice are gone, she sleeps in the guest house a few yards away from the main property.
Luke lead us up to a big bedroom. A nice wooden bed with a silk canopy. He set down our bags and pushed me onto the bed playfully. We both giggled as we rough-housed on the bed. When we got up we went downstairs to Linda preparing lunch. " It'll probably be about an hour." she told us. We nodded and walked upstairs. We changed into bathing suits and walked out to a gorgeous swimming pool with a miniature fountain connected on one side and beautiful lounge chairs. We sat on the cushioned lounge chairs sunbathing. Luke jumped in the pool to cool off, he came back dripping , he stroked my thigh softly as some water droplets rolled down, he sat back next to me as I adjusted. He twirled the string of my bottoms in his fingers. He smirked as he looked at me squinting from the sun in his eyes.
I sat up tying my hair up in a ponytail so it was out of my face. Luke gave me another sexy smirk and I walked to his lounge and sat in his lap as he held my waist and kissed me gently. I adjusted backwards and stroked my hand across his chest down to his swim trunks, over his bulge. He leaned his head back as he grew hard. I pulled it out and teased his tip with my tongue as he sat back with his hands behind his head. I took in every inch back and forth just the way he liked it, going all the way down and holding until I would come up for an occasional breath. He groaned as I went down again and again swiveling my tongue gently. I motioned slightly faster using my hand around the base gripping firmly. He bucked his hips a few times to get himself slightly deeper until he finished in the back of my throat, I swallowed and licked him clean just in time for lunch.

We sat outside in the sun sipping iced tea, and enjoying turkey wraps and watermelon, the perfect lunch for a summer day.
"Baby.." he looked over at me as I laid on my stomach enjoying the food.
"Yes?" I glanced over to him.
"This is perfect." He rested his head back on his arms.
"It is." I agreed.
Shortly after lunch we went inside and changed.
He read a newspaper as I dozed off beside him.
I had the nightmare again and he gently woke me and held me tight, stroking my head gently.
"It's ok, he can't hurt you." He assured me as I nuzzled myself deeper into his touch.
"I love you." I spoke against him.
"I love you." He answered.