Chapter 5: Kaiser Blade's Personality

Yesenia's POV

I went home feeling so tired from running. Do you know the feeling of running 5 laps non-stop? That's how I am feeling right now!

As I walk, I look at the paper with a number written in it. I smiled when I remember the guy, I don't know if I'm gonna see him again because he lives in the city! That's so far from here.

"Keanu West," I whisper his name.

"Who's Keanu West?" Buwan suddenly said.

"O-oh! Buwan! I didn't know you're already home. I thought you're still at work?" I asked him.

We both walk going inside our house. I quickly give him a water to drink.

"Buwan, I told you to not work. You're already 76 years old and you need to rest," I said.

"I also told you to go to school, but what did you do? You are here and only selling candies," He said.

That made me stop. There is no school in this place. The schools are only in the city and only rich people can afford to study there.

"We can't even afford food, then you want me to go to school?" I laughed although it really hurts.

"I'm so sorry, Yesenia. It's my fault. You don't deserve to go through all these,"

"Dad, it's not your fault. It's your parent's fault. If they didn't leave you, we wouldn't have to go through this in the first place,"

I am mad at Buwan's parents. I can't even call them my grandparents. How did they leave Buwan alone and they didn't even feel guilty?! They didn't even came back and look for Buwan! What a worthless parents! Thankfully, I don't have parents like them. I'm so lucky to have Buwan as my dad.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" I asked in the middle of dinner. We're eating a food that I bought earlier using the money that Keanu gave me.

"Sure, what's your question?"

"Where is mom?"

I have been asking him the same question in my whole life, but I will never get tired of asking to get the answer. I want to know who my mom is. I want to know how she looks like.

"Y-your mom?" He asked like he's making sure if he heard it right.

"Yeah, did she also leave you like your parents?"

"I-i will just go get something,"

He left. What's with him? Is he avoiding my question? He's always like that everytime I ask him that question.

The next day, I wake up without having to worry about making candies again. I still have the money that Keanu gave me so I don't have to work for now.

"I need to borrow someone's phone. I need to call the number," I said when I remember the job that Keanu offered me.

I look for it in my pocket, but I didn't find it there!

"Maybe it's in our table," I whisper.

We have a mini table that dad made so we can eat comfortably. I started to get nervous when I didn't find it there.

"OMG! DAD! Did you see any paper here? There has a number written on it! I need that!" I said.

"Huh? Oh you mean the small paper? I just threw it away when the garbage truck went by,"

I feel like my world stopped when he said that. NO WAY!

"DAD WHY DID YOU DO THAT! THAT'S THE NUMBER I NEED TO CALL TO GET A JOB!" I freaked out.

"What kind of job is that? Don't believe people too easily. Maybe it's just a scam,"

"No, it's not a scam. Keanu said that he has a family friend and they are looking for a new maid,"

"A maid? I treat you like a princess, Yesenia. I can't let you get that job,"

"But there's nothing wrong with being a maid! They are hardworking people. Also, that family is rich for sure! They would pay me twice as much as I'm making when I sell candies,"

"Where does that family live?"

"In the city,"

I realize what I said. It's in the city. I would be away from dad and I can't let that happen. Who will he call if he gets sick? Not even our neighbors can help us!

"Are you sure you want to go to the city? That's like 2 hours away from here" He asked.

I nodded, although I feel sad about the idea of leaving Buwan here. "If I save enough money, then we can finally afford to rent an apartment. A nice apartment so we don't have to live here in the slums. Then we can afford to buy a bed, and delicious foods,"

I am surprised when he hold my hand. "Okay, I am letting you get the job... but I want you to use the money for school,"

"School? But--"

"Take the job and go to school? Or stay here and only sell candies for the rest of your life?"

I pouted my lips. "Even when I choose to get the job, I don't even have their number anyway. You just threw it,"

He suddenly give me a paper from his pocket. To my surprise, IT'S THE PAPER! THE LEGIT PAPER!

"It's a prank!" Buwan teased.

"You're in trouble! Wait for me when I get home!" I said then I leave.

This is it! One of our neighbors has a phone so I can try borrowing that. Hopefully, this will lead me to my dreams!

-

Solange's POV

"I told you I don't want a personal maid! What am I? A 5 year old? I'm already 16, auntie Solange!" Kaiser Blade said as he wears the new Rolex I got him using Enrique's money.

"You need someone to clean your room, make your food, and someone who can assist you to go to school. You're already stressed with your Volleyball and I don't want you to be stressed more," I said.

"Why are you even worried about me?"

"You are the heir of Amherst. You should be treated like a prince,"

"You are not my mom, so know your limits," He said then he leave the room.

How rude of him!

If I can only tell him the truth that I am his real mom!

It's been 16 years, but Enrique still doesn't want to marry me. He's still really waiting for Euphrasia! She's clearly never coming back! She's dead!

I will do everything so Enrique will marry me. Now that Euphrasia is gone, it will all be easier for me!

I am Solange Archer... soon to be Solange Archer- Amherst.

-

Kaiser Blade's POV

Auntie Solange is so annoying! She doesn't have the right to act like my mom! She's not even dad's friend. She's only my mom's friend! But my mom is dead now so she doesn't have the right to be here in our mansion anymore!

I walked to the kitchen to get something to drink. I am about to open the refrigerator when the home telephone suddenly rings.

"Ruby! Someone's calling!" I called one of our maids when I realize she's in the backyard watering our plants.

I scratched my hair and walked to the telephone to answer it.

"Amherst's residence. Who's this?" I said without even saying hello.

"H-hi, I've heard you guys are looking for a new maid. I am interested,"

I wonder who this is. Her voice sounds like a teenage girl.

I formed an evil smirk, a girl huh? I have a plan.