Chapter 6: Finally in the City

Yesenia's POV

"Are you sure?"

Is it just me or the voice sounds like a teenager? It also kinda sounds like he's holding his laughter. I don't really know if I should trust him, he sounds suspicious.

"Yes, I am willing to get the job, no matter how much you pay me," I answered.

"Okay, you can start working tomorrow. I'll just text you the address," He said then he ended the call.

I quickly get a pen and a paper to write the address he texted. After that, I returned the phone to its owner then I walk home.

"What happened? You don't seem happy, did they not hire you?" Dad asked.

"Everything's fine, I just feel like something's not right," I said as I look at the address I wrote.

"So what did actually happened?"

"He said that I can start working tomorrow, then this is the address,"

He look at it. "Wait, I'm confused. Why does he want you to go to a pool resort? Do they live in a swimming pool?"

Yes, the address leads to a pool resort. That's what I've been wondering about.

"Maybe that's the place he will pick me up? He also said that I can start working tomorrow.... I will have to leave already,"

I don't want to make him sad, so I hugged him while saying that. Hopefully, it makes him feel better.

"Don't worry, I will come home at least once a month," I said.

"Goodluck, okay? Be careful always  promise me that you will use the money so you can go to school," He said while hugging me.

-

The next day, I wake up at 5 am to get ready. Everything happened so fast and who would've thought I'm finally getting a job!

"I'm gonna miss you, promise me you'll be back, okay?"

I chuckled. "Dad, I already told you that I'll be back atleast once a month, don't worry,"

He pat my head. "I'm so proud of you, Yesenia. Your mom must be really proud of you if she's here,"

I didn't really hear what he said. He's only whispering it and there are little kids playing outside. They are so loud so I can't hear him.

Buwan took me to the train transportation, yes, I'll use the train to go to the city. This is the only way you can get there if you don't have a car.

"Dad, do I look presentable?" I asked him.

I am only wearing a baggy dirty white longsleeve, old dark green shorts, and old slippers. This is the nicest clothes I have and hopefully I look good enough for my first day of work.

"You look amazing, Yesenia, just like a royalty heiress," He said as he give my other clothes in a plastic bag.

"Oh no! The train is here, I'll have to leave now," I sadly said.

Buwan and I hug each other like it will be the last time we will see each other.

"Be a good girl, okay? I believe you can do this,"

That's the last thing he said before I step inside the train. It feels like I'm entering a new chapter of my life as I enter the train. Thanks to Keanu's money!

This is the first time I will be alone. Dad has been here with me since I was a kid. He never left me. It feels sad that I will be away from him.

City, here I come!!!