Chapter 8: Yesenia's Real Home

Yesenia's POV

"We have arrived! God, I haven't been here since 16 years ago!" Mr. West said.

Keanu wasn't kidding when he said I should wait until I see Amherst's mansion. Both their houses are luxurious, but THIS ONE IS SO HUGE LIKE IT'S TWICE THE SIZE OF KEANU'S HOUSE.

If Keanu is only here, he would make fun of my reaction. But he's not here, he had to be left in their house to do his homework for Math.

"I'm not really friends with Enrique that much, but I can try to help you talk to him about the job,"

Mr. West is so nice.

I feel embarrassed for no reason. Imagine how I look next to him! I'm wearing the cheapest and ugliest clothes while he's wearing a designer brand!

"Thank you," I said.

He rings the doorbell at the gate of the mansion. While we wait, my heart starts to beat faster.

Wait, why do I even feel nervous about meeting Mr. Enrique for the first time? Is this normal or what?

-

Solange's POV

"Why do you look pissed off? Is it because you're annoyed with me?" I told Kaiser Blade.

I don't understand why he's acting like this. I thought they're having a pool party with his schoolmates today?

"First of all, you're always here in our house when you don't even live here! Second--"

He got cut off when someone rings the doorbell.

"Who is that? Is your dad expecting a guest?" I asked.

"I don't know and I don't care," Kaiser Blade says as he uses his phone.

This rude kid!

I stand up to look at the window and see who rang the doorbell.

"O-oh my... i-is that Red?!" I started to shake.

No way! There is no way that's Red! I can't let him see me! I've been hiding from him for 16 years and I don't want him to ruin all my plans for Kaiser Blade just because of this sudden day!

"Red? Who's Red?" Kaiser asked me.

I looked closer to the window to see what happens next. Ruby opens the gate for them.

"I can't let him see us! Kaiser! LOCK THE DOOR! HIDE IN YOUR BATHROOM!" I panicked.

"What do you--"

"I SAID HIDE IN YOUR BATHROOM, NOW!"

I am not sure if that's really him. Red is too broke to wear such nice clothes!

I quickly run to lock the door... Why is Kaiser Blade's real father here?! And who is that lady beside him?!

-

Yesenia's POV

"Wait, I thought Mr. Enrique is a guy?" I said as I look at someone who opened the gate.

"I am not Mr. Enrique. I am Ruby, one of their maids," She said.

"Wait, so if you are a maid here, then why do they want to hire another maid again?" I asked.

"I don't really know. Just ask my boss instead. Anyway, is Master Enrique expecting you guys? I'm sorry but we don't really let anyone enter this mansion unless you're a part of their family or a close friend," Ruby said.

I pouted. I'm really excited to see how the mansion looks like!

"She's interested to apply as a maid here, we want to talk to Enrique. We are not friends but I'm sure he knows me,"

Thankfully, Ruby let us enter. She walked us to the living room of the mansion. As expected, it doesn't look like a house but a palace! What do they even do for a living? How can they be so rich?

I look around to search for that annoying KB guy but I can't find him, thankfully.

"Please have these coffees. I just called Master Enrique and he will be here soon any minute," Ruby said as she let us seat on the sofa. It's so comfy!

After that, Ruby left to continue cleaning the house. Mr. West turned to me then he said...

"Don't be nervous, okay? Enrique is a really nice person,"

And with just that, we suddenly hear footsteps going in our direction...

This is it...

-

Keanu's POV

"Finally!!!"

I love being home alone. I do my homework better, plus, I can play music as loud as I want.

"So her name is Yesenia... hmm, she got a nice name," I whisper to myself as I open my Geometry book.

I am about to start doing my homework when the doorbell rings.

I walk downstairs although I'm really lazy. When I open the door, I am surprised to see who it is.

She's of an average height, not tall but not short, skinny, and pretty. She has the most perfect skin ever.

Wait, why is she even here? We are schoolmates but we never really talk with each other.

"Leticia, what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Wow, I didn't even get hi or hello," She rolled her eyes.

I chuckled then I let her in. "Do you want something?"

"A caramel frappuccino with whipped cream will do,"

"This is not Starbucks, stupid,"

I ended up giving her a bottled drink. I'm too lazy to make her food, we're not even friends.

"I actually came here to ask you a question," She said.

"Hmm?" I asked without looking at her. I'm busy with my Geometry homework.

"Look at me," She said.

She suddenly touch my chin. That made me stop and look at her eyes.

"W-what's your question!?" I said.

"Who is that girl earlier from the pool party?" She asked while still holding my chin.

"She's my friend," I said with a deep voice, this is not how I normally talk.

"Good,"

She left me just like that. What's wrong with Leticia?

-

Enrique's POV

"Okay, tell them to wait for me," I said to Ruby.

I drink my water before going downstairs. I didn't expect that there is someone who's interested to be our maid. Hopefully this time, my son will be inspired to get better. His grades have been failing lately!

I am still far from the living room but I can already see our sofa.

As I walk closer, I realize that there are two people there.

I looked at the guy first... he looks familiar.

My heart has been beating normally until I looked at the girl.

I froze. I can't move my feet. I don't know how I should react. I don't know if I'm only dreaming or not...

"E-euphrasia, is that you?" I asked her.