Chapter 7: How Everything Started

Yesenia's POV

"Keanu?!"

I didn't expect to see Keanu here. I'm surprised... and embarrassed. He surely saw what just happened!

"Keanu, you really have a bad taste. Is she your standard?" A girl pointed me and laughed. She's beside the girl who called this annoying guy named K.B.

"Cheryl, can you shut up if you have nothing good to say?" Keanu said to her. It's like he's protecting me from them.

"She just ruined our pool party. How did the guard let her in?! Guards! There's a trespasser beggar here!" Another girl said.

"Just pray that I won't ever see you guys again, because if I do, I'll make sure to slap every one of you, 360 degrees," I said while clenching my fist.

"You don't even know our names," One guy said. I bet he's one of the friends of that annoying KB guy.

"I didn't come here to know your names, you guys aren't worth my time. Let's go, Keanu," I said and walked away.

-

Kaiser Blade's POV

They attempted to help me up but I push them away. I can swim by myself.

"That girl is so rude! She wants us to respect her when she doesn't even look respectful," Berenice said then the others agree.

"So as Keanu! He didn't even made it in the soccer tryout. There he is, being a Math nerd and a prince charming wannabe," Jackson chuckled.

I smirked. Let's see how far that girl will go.

"I want you guys to stop that girl. She wants to apply as our maid and I don't want that to happen. Do everything you can," I said to them.

"As if your path crosses again. If I were her, I would never ever show my face again. That was freaking embarrassing," Lilianne laughed, she's one of Berenice's friends.

I look at Keanu as he walks away with that girl. Wait, where are they going?

-

Yesenia's POV

I HATE THEM SO MUCH!

Thankfully, Keanu is here. If not, I don't really know what I should do.

"I'm so sorry for what happened. Most of my schoolmates are really mean and I don't understand why," Keanu said as we walk. I don't really know where we are going.

"It wasn't your fault. But you know, if that guy is gonna be my boss, I don't think I want to get the job anymore," I said.

"What? But you came all the way here, you made so much effort. Plus, that guy doesn't really come to their home, and if he does, he doesn't get out of his room. So even if you work there, you wouldn't even see him anyway so there's no worries," He said.

"Who's that guy tho?" I asked although I'm not really interested.

"That guy is Kaiser, he's the son of Mr. Enrique that I was talking about when we last saw each other,"

He opened a door of something. I am surprised. "Hold on, IS THIS A CAR?!"

He chuckled. "Is this your first time to ride a car?"

I nodded. I can't believe this!

"I'm taking you to my house, I'm sure you have no place to stay yet,"

He close the car door and walked to the front seat of the car. I realize that we are not alone. His personal driver is here with us. He's so rich!

"Sir Keanu, your dad would kill me if I let you bring a stranger to your house. Are you sure she's not a kidnapper or something?" The driver whispered.

"You do understand that I can hear you, right?" I rolled my eyes. Ugh.

-

"Oh... My... God..."

That is my expression when I saw Keanu's house. Is this where he lives?!

"Keanu, is this even a house?! This is a palace!" I said as I look at his house.

"Hahahaha, wait until you see the Amherst's mansion! That's where Kaiser lives with his dad, Mr. Enrique,"

"That's the place where I'll be working, right?"

He nodded. "Let's go, I'll introduce you to my dad,"

I am surprised when he held my hand and pull me inside their house. Wait, my skin is kinda dry. Ugh, I knew I should've bought lotion with my remaining money. I'm gonna gain more money anyway.

"Dad, I found a new friend!" Keanu said to a guy.

He's sitting in a dinner table while eating his lunch. He's wearing a formal outfit so it's obvious that he's rich. He slowly turn his eyes to us... OMG, is he Keanu's dad?! He looks like he's in his 40's but he still looks so handsome!

I froze when he smiled at me, I am expecting him to judge me but what happened is the opposite.

"Welcome to our house, what's your name hija?" He asked.

I slightly bow to show respect before I speak. "I'm Yesenia, nice to meet you Mr...."

"Red West, that's my name,"

"... Nice to meet you Mr. West," I smiled.

"You look so pretty but you need better clothes. You remind me of Keanu's mom. She wears really bad outfits but that doesn't change her beauty, she still looks so beautiful like you,"

Oh, didn't Keanu told me that his mom died already? That's really sad! He must really miss her!

"Thank you. I apologize for dressing like this, I just really can't afford clothes. I only came here in the city to work," I said.

He seems shocked of what I said. "To work? You should be in school. I'm guessing you're around the same age as my son,"

"That's what I tell her, dad. But she said she needs to work for Mr. Enrique as a maid, so she can make money for her dad," Keanu said.

"How old are you?"

I am surprised when he asked that. I don't know if it's a good idea that I should tell him.

"I-i'm 16 years old," I answered.

"Do you think Enrique will hire you at that age? 16 years ago, they had a maid named Liwanag. Guess what, she's 32 years old that time, twice the age as you, but they ended up firing her,"

I bit my lower lip. He's right. Why would they even hire an innocent 16 year old girl like me who doesn't even know anything about life?

"Okay Mr. West, I guess I'll just go back--" He cut me off.

I didn't expect the next thing Mr. Red West says...

"What do you mean? Hahaha. Keanu... call our driver, I am taking this lady to the Amherst's mansion right now,"