Howard Days

Let's give it up for the Ooh La La dance line!!!!

The audience roared and cheered the girls on as they accepted their trophy. This is their second win in the annual HBCU Dance #RadiantDanceoff Contest. The host of the contest walked the ladies over to a back drop for them to take some pictures for the school. Even in their sweaty glory, they still held gorgeous, white smiles and batted their lashes. The captain of the Ooh La La dance squad, Shaunice, stood proudly with their winning trophy shining gold at her feet. After their pictures were taken, the dancers were free to find their friends and family who came to support them.

"Thank God for that change up in routine, Sha-Sha, it's wayyyyy better than the original. Look what it got us! Another win! Now, all we gotta do is head down to Florida A&M." Claudia, one of Shaunice's friends said while staring at the trophy with her big hazel eyes.

"We'll get there, trust me. This summer it's ours!"

Shaunice and Claudia headed out towards the stage area, stopping when a camera crew was shown interviewing a few of the dancers.

"HBCU dancers are some of the hardest working women on the yard, and they give their all in every performance. Their skill and on-the-field radiance shined in every #RadiantDanceOff submission we received so choosing just one winning team was a huge challenge," says Keelia Brown, founder of HBCU Dance Corporation, Inc.

"I don't know if I feel like doing an interview, I'm gonna go find my momma. I'll see you later tonight at the 90s party, right?"

Shaunice's forehead creased with thought. She was looking forward to going. She had her outfit planned out and everything. With her short cut she can go as Nia Long's character on Friday. All she got to do is snatch her wig off.

"Sure, I'll be there."

If only things were good between her and Erik. She didn't even know what to consider him. A possible boyfriend? A fuck buddy? A friend with benefits? Speaking of Erik, Shaunice scanned the crowd of people who still lingered behind and her hickory eyes found someone sitting down that she could count on even when Erik decided to be an asshole and not show up.

Arnelle.

Shaunice left the stage and jogged towards the seated area. Arnelle stood up, his slender body draped in an oversized Que hoodie and a pair of black jeans more vivid as she approaches him. Shaunice opened her arms wide to embrace him, Arnelle wrapping his gangling arms around her, lifting her off of the floor slightly. He let her down gently before adujusting his clear-framed glasses. He was alone and not accompanied by his friend. Arnelle could see the disappointment all over Shaunice's face and reached his hand out to give her a friendly pat on her shoulder even though he really wanted to raise her chin and peer into her dazzling eyes that twinkled beneath the auditorium lights.

"Your boy is a liar," She said.

"He said he'll be here if he can. Something about a group study last minute—

"Sha!"

Shaunice and Arnelle turned around to find Erik entering the auditorium. He nursed a camouflage OBEY backpack, a black hoodie with a Wutang symbol, gray sweatpants, and Adidas on his feet. Maybe he was studying with his usual group of friends. He's wearing his gold-rimmed glasses and he only wears them when he's hitting the books. His scent is a combination of aromatic incense and intense, smoky cade wood. The scent that drives Shaunice crazy and gets all over her sheets after they fuck. Her throat tightened and her clavicles became more prominent the more she held her breath. She's supposed to be angry with him not turned on.