Chapter Six

Something told Shaunice to wake up out of her slumber at 9 AM and check on her husband. Blinking her tired eyes and licking her dry lips, Shaunice stretched her weak limbs above her head and she could feel her back crack. Reaching behind herself, Shaunice rubbed the area and felt nothing but tenderness. When she finally sat up in bed, Shaunice's eyes went down to her naked chest. Pulling back the sheets, she could see her naked lower half as well. All the memories from the night prior thronged her brain and all she could remember was a wild, sex-filled night with Arnelle.

It started out on the couch, then they ended up in his room all over the bed. Shit...he came inside of her. Shaunice breathed a sigh of relief. If she didn't have an IUD she would for sure end up pregnant and by a man that isn't even her husband. She'd been using birth control for years. Shaunice noticed the other side of the bed was vacant until the distant sound of a toilet flushing brought her attention to the bathroom. A minute later, Arnelle appears still naked, his vigorously sexy body that she snuggled into causing her to blush.

Before she could even say good morning, Arnelle stuck his tongue in her mouth. Unbridled moans came from Shaunice and her arms went up to wrap around his sturdy neck. They were in the middle of a fervid kissing session and from the way Arnelle's morning election tapped her inner thigh she knew exactly what he wanted. Shaunice tried to speak between kisses but with every syllable, his soft lips would press into hers and she couldn't remember what she wanted to say. Shaunice's breathing is unsteady and her weak hands attempting to push back from Arnelle failed.

"Nelle...Nelle...let me say something—

"What do you have to say that's going to stop what's happening between us right now?" Arnelle whispered.

"Last night...Nelle...you told me you loved me—

"And I do."

Shaunice sat up on her butt to look at Arnelle with glossy eyes.

"Love. In love?"

"Woman...why are you so surprised? You know how I feel about you, Sha. I've felt this way for years now. You're my first real love. I never got over you. I told you this at dinner. Remember when I took you to KazuNori...I told you I loved you."

"Nelle, I don't remember any of that. We were both drunk..."

"Sha, whether you remember it or not...I love you."

"You really mean all of that? Did you forget about Nicole?"

"I didn't forget. I can't help how I feel about you. I can't stand the way Erik treats you."

"Nelle..."

Shaunice tries to get up from the bed but Arnelle blocks her. She fell back with a slight bounce and as her eyes searched she could see all of the unconcealed emotion swimming within his hickory eyes.

"Nelle...baby..."

Shaunice reaches out her delicate hand and strokes Arnelle's face softly. He leaned into her touch and seemed to melt in her embrace. His reaction scared her but excited her at the same time. He felt this deeply?

"You know you can't..."

"How could Erik be so dismissive with you? I would never be that way with you—

"We both know how Erik can be. He doesn't want children—

"And you can live with that? You can live with him not wanting to have a family with you? Your own husband? Hell, does he even love you? All those times you told me about the lack of romance when you two have sex. His mind isn't there, Sha. I want to punch myself for letting him take you away from me. I thought moving on with Nicole would make me get over you. The moment we first had sex...I...you just don't know how bad I want you."