When The Heavens Touch The Earth

Prologue

The stars were twinkling brightly in the vast canvas of black above the mortal race; the sky, as we call it, was luminously lit tonight. The wind blew slightly to the west, carrying numerous leaves that danced with certain joy, excited to arrive to their destination. A flurry of brown and green were the birds that followed, carrying small twigs to their nests in the trees towering up above.

 A sigh escaped Amy's lips as she cuddled closer to Danny, who draped an arm over her shoulder.

"What are you thinking, little bird?" his voice sounded so sweet; smooth as spun silk. 

Oh, how she loved hearing him speak, loved every time he decided to read her Shakespeare, loved every single moment he chose to sing to her, despite the fact that he was tone deaf and out of tune. She loved everything that he was...and so did he with her.

"Nothing really," she answered him, looking up at his dark brown eyes. His hair fell down his face as he stared down at her, forming a golden halo and she felt her heart flutter with joy and heat rise to her cheeks. "It's just so beautiful out hear tonight."

He grinned.

"You are beautiful out here tonight,"he replied, which made Amy giggle and blush bright pink. 

"You never do fail to be corny, don't you?"she said playfully.

"Well, that's my specialty. But you have to admit," he held her closer, staring into her eyes with an amused glint in them, "it turns you on."

"Ha! you wish."

She smiled as his lips met hers with that sweet velvety touch that never failed to take her by surprise. His kiss made everything around them disappear; made every problem appear...trivial. The world seemed to have stopped moving, as if everything and everyone was waiting for their kiss to end. 

Highly unlikely.

He kissed her with such passion, such amour that there was no denying that he loved her, no telling that they weren't in love.

He was her heaven, and she was his...that's why the skies decided to interfere. 

Danny pulled away from her, cutting their kiss off. His eyes were blank and lost, like his soul wasn't there at all. He turned his head confusedly for awhile, then slowly, blindly, his grip on Amy dropped.

"What's wrong?" Amy asked, bewildered at the moment. What was happening to her love?

Danny didn't seem to hear her words and just stood up, and walked away from where they sat. 

"Danny? Where are you going?" a nervous smile appeared on her face as she thought Danny might  be kidding around, but it soon disappeared as fast as it came. 

"Danny!" she called to him, but he couldn't seem to hear her."Danny! Where are you going?"

He stopped in his steps and for a moment there, Amy felt relief wash over her whole body. Then Danny turned around smiling, waving a hand at her. 

 Is he saying goodbye?

"I love you," he said, then a horrible thing happened.

A loud crash was heard along with the sick, disgusting sound of bones being crushed by great pressure. Headlights...they were shining bright, so brightly that Amy was forced to close her eyes, but not before she saw what she never dared dream of.

She fell down and Danny was gone.

She woke up.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, helloo!! 

Thought I'd write something sad for the moment. 

Stay tuned if you like what you see... :D

---Shimmer Sanders ^.^ over and out...!!!

LIKE A BOSS