Heaven's Foggy Touch

The place that they went to seemed to have been quite a distance, since the drive went on for hours. There was no talking done, though it wasn't that bad. The occasional awkward eye meeting was there, but all in all, they were "comfortable" with each other. Jessy's knuckles were pale on the steering wheel, indicating that he was either about to shit his pants or...he was anxious about something. 

"So, where are we going?" asked Amy, lifting up the silence.

Jessy turned her way and smiled, making Amy's heart flutter. 'Stop it, Amy!' she scolded herself, 'Remember, friend zone!"

"It's a surprise," he said, then turned again to the direction they were heading.

A few moments later, they arrived in a valley full of...wild purple freesias that seemed to have been popping up everywhere! The smell of the flowers floated along with the wind as they wound through the driveway that divided a little space of the field. At about the middle of the landscape, Jessy stopped the car and all Amy could do was stare at how beautiful the surrounding was.

It was a mesmerizing sight.

Blue and yellow butterflies were fluttering happily from flower to flower, pollinating them. It was a wonder how such little creatures could be responsible for such big changes in this bigger world. Birds were chirping their song in the trees that almost reached the sky, with it's wide leaves covering the sun's rays; other animals just passed them by, not minding their presence at all, as if humans were constant visitors to this place. The clouds were pink in the purple sky, as the sun decided to take its rest.

"This place is...beautiful," Amy sighed as she examined a flower in her hand. It was a Phalaenopsis blossom, the kind that her mom had at home, right beside the "hanging gnome", which was one of her mom's garden ornaments, before her father decided to us it as a "hang" decor.

Jessy plastered a smile to his lips and went closer to where Amy stood awestrucked. "I've been wanting to show you this place for...centuries, but I really couldn't seem to get through, you know..." he trailed off, staring at his feet.

She knew perfectly well what he meant. That she was never really that much there when she was there. The feeling of being lost after Danny's death was just so strong that it took her quite some time to remember that there were other people in her life that needed her attention. One of them was Jessy; the guy who called her every night, asking her if she was okay, or needed her pillow to get fluffed; the one guy that came to her house twice a day to check whether or not she was okay or not; the best friend that was always there when she needed him. She felt guilty for what she must have made him go through, worrying about her.

Silence envelopeed them for some time, until one of them decided to plop down on the grass and lie down, just to stare up at the darkening sky. That was Jessy.

It took them a bit more time before, finally, one of them spoke.

"You know, I'm happy I finally got you out here," Jessy said, his eyes always on a moving, iridescent pink cloud. "I finally have another person to share this with."

She smiled warmly and silently thanked God for giving her such an adorable and caring best friend. Slowly she took a place beside him, lying down and placing her head on his chest, which surprised him. Amy heard his heart-beat raise; she giggled to herself.

"All these years of being around me and the only thing that gets you nervous is my head resting on your chest? My gosh, Jess, I thought you'd be stronger," she teased him. A chuckle came up his throat that made his chest vibrate with laughter. Then quiet spread across the land once more, as they just felt contented with being in each other's arms.