chapter eighteen

As Kato got up, she made her way over to Oryx who was sitting on the floor. "You're bleeding." he pointed out. "Thank you captain obvious." she joked. He smiled and looked back at where the Reaper was. "How many more?" Kato helped him up. "Let's not worry about that right now." she whispered. She led him to the bathroom to look him over and make sure he was okay. He was, but she couldn't say the same. She looked around the cabinets for some rubbing alcohol. She poured some on her arm and winced in pain. She cleaned it up and bandaged her arm. She walked out into the kitchen and started cleaning up the blood off the floor. She swept up the ashes and put everything away.
When it started getting dark she lit some candles and turned the lights out. She was making dinner on the stove when Oryx finally came out of their room. "Kat." he said. She turned around to look at him after turning the oven on low. "What's the matter? she asked.  Oryx looked down at the counter and sighed. "What if we don't remember this when we come too?" he started. "Did you ever wonder why i was here with you? inside YOUR head. When you were brought to the ER they said you might not make it. And then you went into your coma. and all i could think was 'i can fucking lose everything. but not you. oh god, not you." He put his head into his hands and Kato walked over to him and held him. "And then you flatlined for about a minute. And the doctors pulled me outside and they told me you weren't going to make it through the night. So. I went home. And when I got home, i called 911. And as I put the blade to my wrist i thought 'we can be together again.' And then i woke up here, with you." he shoved his face into her neck while she held him there. "It's okay darling. I have you now, and i'm not letting you go.." she kissed his neck and freed a hand to wipe her eyes. She loved him, and he loved her. And that was that.  She finally believed that she was meant for someone, and someone was meant for her. Which made this situation ten times scarier. She held him tighter and they stayed like that.