Chapter One

Kato rushed out of her room, frantically fixing her shirt and rushing into the dining hall. She stood in the doorway as her father sat at the head at the table. Thor was busy shoving food in his face. "Goodmorning Kato. You're late for breakfast." he said calmly.  Kato grabbed a plate of food and sat down by her father. "Sorry dad, i stayed up late last night sketching." she said as she shoved some breakfast in her mouth. Thor looked up and smiled. "What did you sketch last night little one?" Kato finished chewing and grabbed her sketchbook out of her backpack. "It's Midgard but with a twist." she said. Thor looked it over and handed it to Loki who studied it carefully. "Speaking of Midgard darling," Loki handed her the book back and set his silverware down gently. "Me and your uncle were talking. Now that you're thirteen, i think you're old enough now to make a trip to Midgard." Loki hesitated. "It wouldn't necessarily permanent, but just until Asgard is rebuilt and safe again. I dont trust that something bad wont happen while we fix things around here, and im only trying to look out for you." Loki looked at her nervously. Kato was so excited she was shaking. "Your serious? Like im actually going to Midgard?" She smiled. Loki looked at Thor with a look of relief. "Well of course you'll be under some kind of supervision. Thor is going to have the Avengers call every now and then. And ill help you pack everything. And when you get there, everything you need will be there." Loki explained. Kato was barely listening. "I get to go to Midgard"  she thought excitedly. "But before you leave id like to give you something." Loki stood up and excused himself for a moment. "Psst, little one" Thor whispered. Kato looked up. "Its pretty fun down there. Coffee is really good. try it" Thor gave her a thumbs and Kato laughed. 

Kato went back to her room when Loki didn't return to the table. There was a knock at her door. "Come in." she called and she rearranged all of her drawings around on her wall. Loki snuck in and sat down on her bed. "Kato." he said softly, patting the bed beside him. Kato sat down next to him, staring at her feet. He lifted her chin and smiled. "i had them make you something." he said. Kato looked behind him at the golden sparkle. "What?" She asked trying to peek. "Tricky. Close your eyes. And no peeking." Kato playfully rolled her eyes and closed them. A second later she felt something on her head. "Open." Loki said as he held a mirror infront of her. Kato gasped as she looked in the mirror. On her head was an exact replica of her fathers helmut. He handed her what looked like his Scepter too. "Its just a replica" he explained. He smiled for the first time in forever. "Thank you dad" she hugged him and she quitely wiped her tears.