Open eyes

While Rez was taking his nap you and Regris were resting in the living room. Rez had been a little fussy at night, leaving the two of you tired. Rez hadn't opened his eyes yet, but you knew that he was going to any day now.

Regris smiled as he nuzzled you.

"Are you still tired?" You asked Regris.

"A little. I've survived off of less sleep before." Regris said, kissing your forehead.

You yawned a little, closing your eyes and resting more. You were quickly woken up when you heard Rez' fussing over the baby monitor.

"Guess who's awake." You said, opening your eyes.

Regris slipped one of his arms in the crook of your knees and behind your upper back and picked you up. He got up off of the couch and carried you up the stairs and into the bedroom. He set you down on the bed next to Rez. He sat down and saw something that surprised him.

"Regris, look! Rez' eyes are open!" You said, looking down at your son who was looking up at you.

"He has your eyes." Regris said, smiling when he saw that Rez had your eye color.

"Yeah, he does." You said happily.

Regris smiled and purred as he carefully picked Rez up. Rez babbled and stared up at his father. You ended up falling asleep as you laid on the soft blankets. Regris noticed that you were napping and decided to let you rest.