Christmas

When you looked at what day on Earth it was on the calendar on your holopad your heart sank. It was Christmas Eve, one of the most wonderful holidays ever. You wished that you were able to do your favorite traditions, but since you were living in a secret base that was hidden in an asteroid that was hidden in the middle of two black holes you wouldn't be able to. When you went to go eat breakfast with Regris he noticed how sad you were.

"Y/n, is there something wrong?" Regris asked you.

"Kind of… It's Christmas, an Earth holiday." You replied.

"What is this 'Christmas'? And how do you celebrate it?" Regris asked you curiously.

"Well, normally I would (insert favorite Christmas traditions with family/friends)." You said, feeling a little more sad.

"Wait, so humans give gifts when they're not courting?" Regris asked you in shock.

"Yes. We sometimes do it for birthdays too." You said, taking a bite of your breakfast. 

"I see… How interesting." Regris said, eating his own breakfast. 

After breakfast, the day went on as usual; Regris did his chores and you did whatever you could to be helpful. During lunch Regris gave you a beautiful light blue gem he found somewhere. By dinner time all you wanted was to go to bed.

          ___________________________

When you woke up the next morning and did your morning routine you remembered that it was Christmas. Right as you left your bedroom you heard a knock at your front door. When you opened the door, tears threatened to fall from your eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Y/n. I remembered what you said yesterday, so late last night I went to get you a tree and some decorations." Regris said as he showed you the small tabletop tree and a small box of decorations.

"Oh my… Thank you so much!" You said as you invited him in.

Regris walked into your habsuite, allowing the door to close behind him. You let him help you decorate the small tree when you found a place for it. Regris got the day off of chores so that he could spend the holiday with you. You told him all about your favorite Christmas traditions and memories. You also told him the true meaning of Christmas.

You were happy that you got to celebrate Christmas after all. Regris went hunting at some point and brought back some kind of dead animal that he prepared for dinner. Even though Regris was a little clueless about some of the other common Christmas traditions he tried his best to understand. After a full day of spending time with each other, watching Christmas movies on your holopad and cuddling you both fell asleep on your couch.