CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Kingston Hines

Kingston Hines

"Kingston honey, it's me... your mother. I know you sent me a text letting me know that you're okay, but I really long to hear your voice... it's been a while. Please get back to me as soon as you can."

"King! My boy, it's Pops. Calling again. Wanted to check in on you, your mom's going crazy over here. We know that you're alive, but more than anything we just want to know if you're okay. Give me a ring whenever you can. Love you son."

"Hey little brother, Tosh here. I know you aren't doing the greatest so I wanted to reach out and ask if you would like to join Sabari and I for dinner this weekend? It would be good to see you. Let me know, alright? One love."

"YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Kingston, my guy! What are you doing? I swear I called your phone maybe 100 times. In case you've forgotten what my voice sounds like, it's Marley... your brother? The one you abandoned? I miss you man, give me a call! Iight?"

"Oshane here! What's up bro? it's truly been a minute. Just wanted to let you know my green card came through. I'll be coming to America in the next month or so. Hope it's not too much to ask if I could crash with you until I'm well on my feet? I know we dreamt about this moment for a while so I'm ready to see what's ahead. Call me, text me, email... just hit me back when you can. Alright!"

"Hello Kingston, uh this is Mr. Louis. I wanted to thank you for sending over those flowers. We really did wish to see you at the funeral, but we understand; saying goodbye is never easy... I will send you an email just in case you plan on visiting her graveside anytime soon. I believe it'll help with the grieving process. Visiting both her and her mother at the same time has done just that for me... Until then, God bless, be safe and take care."

"Hey Kingston. It's Jade, Omari and Junior. We just got back in town from New York, we decided to spend some time with Mr. Louis due to him grieving both losses at the same time. We really wish that you were able to come... but we understand. Please eat something, please get some rest, please take care of yourself. Talk soon."

"It's Tiffy! Kingston, I miss you brother! Marley and I are opening up our gym this week and we would love to have you come by! Call me soon please!"

"Oh, voicemail again... I really wanted to reach you so that I could thank you for sending over the flowers. I feel like no one really understood what I was going through with the passing of Jaxon... I, too have been locked away for quite some time. My best friend and my lover all gone in the blink of an eye. As wrong as his actions were, I still had memories, I'm still carrying his child. He made mistakes but he wasn't a bad guy... I pray you find it in your heart to forgive him as I am currently doing the same. Thank you once again."

"You can hide all you want, but it's about to be thanksgiving. One way or another, we are seeing you. Stop ignoring your mom, Kingston!"

"Your mother is not joking. Call us back... she's planning on bringing thanksgiving dinner to you if you don't get it together. Just pick up the phone... return a call or two."