If There Be Thorns

Cyn

I pace in the waiting room at the hospital wanting Larry to come out and say everything was ok. My mind was bouncing all over the place when sudden flow of agitation flossed my body, Amber was missing.

"Where the hell is she?!?" Elle stepped in front of me, tear of anger spilling over her face as she handed me her phone. On Instagram, was Amber with Leo and a guy from the night we went to Catalina's opening a while back, was laying up in the bed. I Scrolled to read the caption and when I did, it only made my current mood worse.

Here with my baby boy and his father (Zander) like it's supposed to be..

She was going to take Lau's place in the hospital tonight. If it was the last thing I do.

"Cyn where are you going?"

"To talk to Amber......"

•••

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to give Amber a price of my mind. How could she do that to Lau he loved her and if anything they were friends first and he lied to him, she lied to all of us.the door was unlocked and I let myself in. Elle followed close behind trying to get me to rationalize why I was doing but I couldn't I was livid. As soon as I hit the corner of the hallways and saw that Amber was alone with out Leo or Tony around I charged at her taking her neck into my hands.

"Cyn, wait!!" I could hear Elle's voice shout from behind me but I didn't stop I was so upset at Amber I couldn't stop, I didn't want to. Amber clawed at my arms leaving scratch marks all over my arms but I continue to squeeze. Tugging of my waist caused me to grab her hair and pull her along with me as Elle attempted to rip us apart.

"Cyn let go!!"

"No!" I scream. after awhile I started punching and kicking not caring where my hands or feet landed. Eventually Elle manages to break us up and she tanks me out of the bedroom and into the living room. Amber follows and as I try to attack again roles stiff-arms me clamping down on my arms.

"What the hell is your problem?!?"

"You're a liar!!! You've been playing Lau all this time. Leo isn't even his!!!!!"

"What are you-"

"Don't play dumb you had the balls to post a selfie of your 'family' on Instagram, you're a fucking fake how could you do that to him, fuck us, you lied to him! You knew he was happy about being a father and you played him!!"

"I was gonna gonna to tell him....... I was scared!"

"Why?!? He would've understood, we all would have instead you strung out this whole thing and for what, you're to stuck on your boo thing to notice that Lau is in the hospital!!!!" She looked astounded, shocked. She didn't know what to say, I mean what could she say, she didn't know? Of course she didn't she was too busy snuggling with her blue collar hubby.

"You claim you love him but the accident that happened right outside your fucking house neglected to entertain!"

" why does it even matter to you?"

"Because you don't deserve someone as good as Lau!" Elle surprised me with her interjection. She dropped her arms, releasing me and approached Amber. She was clearly upset but it was something in her eyes that I knew all too well, she was upset that someone hurt the man she loved, she loved Lau.

"He is a great person, he treated you right, and you fucked him over!"

"Why-" Amber was interrupted with a loud smack. I gasp as I look at the bright red mark on her face. Elle had smacked her. Why the hell didn't I think of that first? I shake off that rude thought and reach for her but she wasn't having it.

"If you don't tell him about this shit I will!" I pull Elle, knowing that if Amber had said the wrong thing it was going to be like trying to rip a tiger from its prey.

"Come on, we're done." I escort her into the car and the ride was silent. Occasionally I looked in Elle's direction to see how she was holding up and he wasn't doing well. Her leg bounced rapidly, and her chest heaved in and out as she tried to huff her anger away. I decided to speak because I wanted to calm her down.

"When did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That you were falling in love with Lau?" The stop light gives me time to look at Elle and she has tears in her eyes.

"You're not mad are you?"

"Oh my god Elle, no I just never noticed since Amber was in the picture but when you stood up for him and on top of that slap the shit out of her, I new then you had feelings for him."

"I do but he's still in love with you....."

"If there be thorns, thou shall not be pricked. Tell him, despite what he feels for me, you'll only regret it if you don't...."