Chapter 27: No matter how hard I try, I still care

7pm, 1 hour after everyone had set out in different paths.....

"Alice..." Dan muttered

"What?" Alice sounded irritated.. Dan knows she is but he still tried to talk to her

"Why did you choose Alvin to be your first?"

"Isn't it obvious? He deserved my attention more than anyone else... He confessed so many times and patiently waited for me... I didn't tell him to wait for me but he still waited for me to feel the same way for him... He isn't.....like you" she lowered her voice...

"I'm sorry... I, I want to make it up for our friendship.. trust me, I do.. If there's a chance, I'd grab it..."

Alice snapped out...

"I don't need that friendship anymore!! Can't you see I'm happy now? You should be happy because I'm not in your way to Alisa, right?! Oh that's right, you aren't because you're stuck with me on this fieldtrip!!"

"Hey, I didn't say any of those.." Dan answered

"Well it sure looks like it!! You're so selfish and full of pride, It's better if we're not even friends again!!"

"Wait!! where are you going?!"

"Somewhere where I can't see you!!" Alice said in a mad tone..

"Alice, I know you're mad but walking away won't solve anything! We might get lost!"

"We?! What do you mean we?! I didn't ask you to follow me!!!"

As Alice was about to take another step, the land she stepped on suddenly gave in.. she lost her balance...

"Kyahhh!!!" Alice started to tremble

"Alice!!" Dan quickly grabbed her hand

The land gave in, both of them fell down.. Dan quickly covered Alice in his arms as they landed badly on the lower part of the land... Alice and Dan both lost her consciousness...

9:30pm...

"uhhhhh.." Alice felt her head ache so bad..

"So you're awake now huh... Great then sleepy head... " Dan smiled

Alice quickly got wide awake as she noticed Dan's leg was full of blood.. She rushed right away to look...

"What happened here?!"

"Nothing serious, my leg just got hit by a rock when we fell"

"Idiot! I didn't tell you to protect me!!" Alice snapped again "Wait, where's our trackers? Let's give them a call, quick!!"

"Too late, when we fell, my tracker broke"

Alice looked at her pocket and her eyes widen again..

"Oh my gosh, my tracker's not in my pocket anymore!!"

"No worries, my leg just has a slight wound.. our only problem is our survival equipment and map... We don't have a clue where to go... As for survial kit, the only things that are left in one piece are the first-aid kit, pocket knife and some matches.. this'll be enough to survive a few days"

"But how are we going to get outta here? I mean, we're so far from base camp and we're on the lower part of the land, where can we go?"

"It's better to stay here and sleep for the night, tomorrow.. we'll find some shelter"

They were once again covered in silence and they slept in separate ways....

The Next Day~

"Look Jason!! I found number 2 on our list! let's take a picture of this, it's rare to see a flower blooming here..."