Bloody Knuckles

Greer sat on the roof for the rest of the night. She could feel the breeze on her face and for the first time in a while she felt free. The roof made her feel like she had a choice to be involved in the capitals way or not. The truth of the matter was that she was being put in a cage with animals who all want to kill each other while people watch and make bets but for just a moment, the endless night sky made her feel like she had a choice to be a part of that. She wasn't chained to a wall for a moment as she laid down on the pavement and put all her focus on the sparkling stars forming in the newly dark night sky. Slowly she could feel herself drifting away into darkness as her body pulled her into sleep.

When she woke up, the sun wasn't visible yet but the sky turned into this red and orange pool of color making her realize it was extremely early in the morning. Her eyes shoot open and she becomes fully alert of her surroundings when a small set of windchimes jingle from a gust of wind from the east. Sitting up, Greer checks the electric clock that is nailed into the wall above the elevator. 4:30 am. Greer goes to her room and changes into a pair of sweatpants and a sports bra to prepare for bed. She stares at herself in the mirror and knows she wouldn't be sleeping just yet, she felt the need to do something to keep her hands busy as she watches them visibly shake. She runs her fingers over the gold band on her right hand to calm her shaking and that's when she decides to go down to the training level.

Just before she leaves she sees a small letter on her bed. With furrowed eyebrows Greer reads the letter from Haymitch saying to meet him tonight on the roof. Nodding to herself Greer sets the letter in the fireplace and turns the fire on to completely get rid of the evidence. Something she has grown accustomed to doing when it came to helping Snow with his dirty work. To be honest she was surprised Snow had not reached out to her yet to give her a mission while she was staying in the capital.

On her way down to the training center she scolded herself as she pulled her door shut with too much force. Ignoring the gut feeling that someone was watching her she made her way to the elevators and pressed the underground level for the training facility. The second the doors open she goes to the knot tying station, the familiarity of the concept and techniques made Greer feel like the old Greer Margot.

Back on the district 4 floor, Finnick, who couldn't sleep either, heard Greer close her door and walk about their suite. When he heard the elevator doors close he rushed out to watch which floor she was stopping on. The letters TC lit up on the panel above the elevator. Training center, she was going to the training center. Finnick decided he would make his way down there and see what she was doing, maybe this was his chance to really get to talk to her.

On the training floor, through the doors Finnick can see Greer sitting at the knot tying table without a shirt. He chuckles to himself remembering that it was what Greer normally slept in. He could see small scars littering her back and it concerned Finnick as he watched her tying a knot of some sort. He took note of how much time she has been spending there. Greer sat there in silence playing with the rope until it looked like she took a deep breath and stared at her hands.

Greer watched her hands and couldn't tear her eyes away from the ring on her right thumb. Why did she have to hold onto it for all this time. Seeing Finnick made everything come back, she should have just let Annie be reaped. The fact that she thought of that made her feel like a monster, letting a poor unstable girl take her place because she couldnt handle some stupid bottled up emotions. Greer missed Finnick, missed the way he smelled, the sound of his voice, the way his hair looked when he woke up, and the way he held and touched her. She missed him but couldn't shake the feeling of betrayal and hurt he caused her. He abandoned her, said she wasn't good enough for him and he managed to find Johanna who clearly was good enough for him. Greer sighs and puts her elbows on the table and her head in her hands. Finnick was making her rethink everything, because over the past few days and when he touched her hand yesterday in training, she knew she still loved him.