Grave

Skye walked through the town wearing his nicest black suit, flowers in his hands. Birds sang in the trees, flying through the sky when they got bored. A very slight breeze ruffled Skye's bleach blonde hair. Despite the sunny and beautiful day around him, Skye was grim. He turned and entered through the black open gate, slowly trudging along the dirt path.

His mother was a short ways in front of him, standing in the flourishing grass, staring down at a stone. Two officers were behind her, her arms in shackles, though, she didn't seem to notice that. Skye walked to her, standing beside her without saying a word. He wrapped an arm around her back, staring down to the stone as well. The two stood in front of a fresh mound of dirt in silence.

After a few long moments, Skye broke the silence. "I guess the infection was worse than we thought," He said quietly.

Luna only nodded before wrapping her arms around her son and burying her face into his chest. Skye hugged his mother tight, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. His mother's body heaved in his arms as she wept, his shirt becoming wet with her tears.

Skye stared at the gate, and he swore on his life there were two figures standing there, both of them see-through. His eyes focused on them, one tall and skinny boy, the other a fit girl with a bandanna tied around her head. A small smile formed on Skye's lips as the two disappeared.

He and his mother stood there for a while longer. "We should get going... Grandma Ellie is waiting for us at the church," Skye said quietly.

His mother looked up at him and nodded, beginning down the trail, closely followed by the two officers. Skye took one final look at the head stone that they had been standing in front of.

"You're brave, little sis... I love you Stormi... I love you..."

With that, he turned and followed his mother out of the cemetary, leaving the headstone behind him. In his mind, he pictured it with the image of his beautiful little sister and the way her name was etched into the marble. Her voice echoed in his head, so loud it seemed real.

'Don't you dare forget me, Sky-Sky.'