4.)

It took everything in me not to slam the front door to my new apartment as I stepped inside. I aggressively kicked off my shoes and put them by the door. It'd been a long week of classes and I was glad it was Friday.

"I hate this whack ass school." I grumbled, dropping my book bag onto the floor and flopping on the couch. Karisma rose an eyebrow, looking up at me from her laptop. Rima glanced over from the dining table.

"You good?"

I sighed heavily. "I just got back from a meeting with my new advisor, and apparently I'm behind in my science credits. Something about a class from NCAT not being accepted or whatever."

"Oh damn, for real? I'm sorry, girl." Rima frowned.

"Take Astronomy." Kari suggested. "It's literally an easy A. Everything's on Quizlet. Deja said the professor is mad chill."

"I tried signing up for that one." I shook my head, taking my laptop out to search for classes. "Every lecture slot is full. I want to get this out of the way now, so next semester I can focus on landing an internship for the summer. I'm not a science person remotely." This was really putting a damper on my plans. I was already taking 16 credits-- could I really afford to add another class?

"Y'know... Chris got an A in Biology of Sex last semester. He may still have his notes. Honestly, he could probably help you in general, if you want."

I didn't know if I wanted that. It had dawned on me earlier in the week that there was a strong chance Rima didn't know Chris and I used to date. There was just no way. Had I known without a shadow of a doubt that all the loose ends between us were tied-- at least on my end-- I wouldn't care about her not knowing. But... there was a weird air between Chris and I that was very loud. It felt like nearly everyone could tell. I probably wouldn't be comfortable with my boyfriend being around an ex that didn't know what she was feeling, so apart of me felt like she had the right to know.

Was it my place to tell, though?

"Uh... I don't know. I'm not tryna cause any problems."

Karisma gave me the smallest smile, showing that she understood what I was trying to say. Rima shook her head. "Oh no! I'm sure it's no trouble. Here, let me call him right now."

"Wait, Rima, y-you don't--"

"Too late!" She sang, scrolling through her phone. My face was burning, as her phone FaceTimed her boyfriend.

My heart leapt at the sound of his voice. "Hey, baby."

"Hey, hon. What're you doing right now?"

"... uh nothing really, just chilling at my place. Why, wassup?"

"Come over to Kari's real quick." Rima smiled at me. "We need your help with something."

"On my way." The line disconnected.

Not even two minutes later, a knock came to the door. Rima went to answer, revealing Chris. My eyes immediately dropped down to focus on my laptop screen.

"Hiiii." Rima sang. I grit my teeth at the sound of them kissing lightly. Did they have to be so damn open about it?

"Hey, babe. Hi, Kari. Hey, Kiara."

"Hi, Chris." Karisma called.

"Hello." I said, pretending to be focused on what I was fake typing on my laptop.

I could feel his eyes on me, as awkward silence made its way through the room. "Uhm, what'd you need, Rima?"

"Kiki needs another science class and wants to get it out of the way this semester."