37. Be My Mistake

Song of the chapter is Shameless by Camilla Cabello

-37-
-Siya Natekar-
-Present-

-37--Siya Natekar--Present-

_____________

Natekar Residence
8 December, 2019
11:56 am

Packing the food in a container, I hurried off upstairs to my room. Picking up my small duffel bag, I put the container alongside the rest of the contents and zipped it tight. I slung my bag over my shoulder and hurried downstairs, closing the door behind me.

But as I reached the bottom of the stairs, a familiar face greeted me and I froze in my spot.

" Where are you hurrying off to?" My sister, Sanchi Natekar asked , standing near the kitchen island with her hands crossed in front of her chest.

Shit.

" Um... just the library." I said quickly.

" You've been visiting the library everyday for the past week. And as far as I know, you don't even have any exams scheduled for the next two months or so. Then why this sudden thrill to go to the library, Siya?" She asked in a condescending tone of voice. I drew a deep breath.

She was suspecting me.

" Um...no I'm just doing some research for a project for the economics class. That's why." I replied, trying to sound confident.

She looked doubtfully at me.
"Really?"

" Yeah."

She took two steps towards me and looked me straight in the eye. I gulped.

" Who have you been hanging out with lately, Siya?"

I paled. She knew. She knew. She knew.

" Um...what do you mean? I have been hanging out with my friends, Himanshu and Ahaan. Who else would I hang out with?" My voice grew shaky.

" Really?" She asked in the same condescending tone again.
"Cause as far as my knowledge is concerned, you have made new friends with certain people in this town lately."

" Wha-at?"

" I saw you , Siya." She said, her voice grew strict. " I saw you the other day, with Kartik Malhotra."

My breath hitched in my throat. My mind went blank for several minutes. I drew a shaky breath and gulped.

" Now what do you think you were doing talking to him?" She asked.