Death by Trolley or Insane Cabs?

(A/n) I know some you are wondering when the boys will come in. Rest assured, it will be soon. As in, hopefully 2-3 chapters. I'm trying to keep this as original as possible, and one of the recurring things is the girl meeting the boysin 2 chapters. So, it'll be soon. Don't worry :) Also, I'm thinking that it'll be mostly in 3rd person while I have a very big secret about Kenzie's past that, to my knowledge, only two of you know. Think you know? Take a guess! You'll find out in a while, and when you do, I'll probably shift to first person. Maybe. let me know what you think and what your guess is! READ ON!!!!!

_________________________________________________________

Kenzie, after having getting her bags from the claim, made her way through the massive airport. She found herself at the large glass doors, and it finally hit her. She was a lonely 20 year old in London, hoping that she would be noticed. She sighed, and stepped out onto the sidewalk.

And was immediately trucked by a hurried woman and her trolley.

The frantic lady murmured a soft apology but kept on her way, leaving Kenzie in the dust. She groaned as she pulled herself back to her feet.

"London... Such a lovely town..." She muttered angrily, and kept on her way toward the road where cabs sat waiting for paying customers. She flagged one down, and handed her suitcases to the driver, who put them in the trunk. She climbed into the back, and he turned around to face her.

"Where to, Miss?" He asked, and she peered at her reservation paper.

"Er, the Mariott hotel on Grosvenor Square, please." She answered, and he started the fare timer. She stared out the window at the large city as it passed by, and was immeditaely struck by the sheer amount of people walking along. It had been 3 years since she had last lived in a large city, and had forgotten just how big they could be. Even Glasgow, the biggest city in all of Scotland and her birthplace, was not as big as London.

Time passed quickly, and the cab driver soon pulled into a hotel.

"Here you are, Miss. That'll be 20 pounds." He told her, and she pulled a 20 pound note out of her wallet.

“Thank you.” She said, and stepped out of the car as he handed her her bags. She gave him a small smile and wheeled them into the hotel lobby.

“Reservation?” The man at the counter asked, disinterested, and Kenzie nodded.

“Yes, for Kenzie Montgomery.” The man loked at his screen, and opened a drawer, pulling out a small envelope and 2 cards. He slid them through as scanner and slipped them into the envelope, writing a few things on it before handing it to her.

“Room 352, floor three. You’re gonna take the lift up and then take a right.” She nodded and followed his directions, eventually reaching room 352. She slid the card in, and it unlocked, revealing as small room with a single bed and a tv. She set her things down beside the tv’s table, and immediately fell over on the bed, yawning. First auditions were tomorrow, and she wanted to be plenty rested when it came. She turned over, turned off the light, and immediately dosed off.

_____________________________________

I pulled the cab fare price out of my ear...  I have no idea what the rates are... Plus it's been 7 months since I spent 2 weeks in Scotland.... WAIT A SECOND!!!!! *counts on fingers* it HAS been 7 months... *curls up in corner and cries* WHAT IS LIFE????

But yeah. I haven't had to use Pounds in ^ That many months.... Plus I'm an American, soooo... I know how to use dollars and that's about it... So if my money/currency/prices are waaaay off kilter, DON"T KEEL MEEEE!!!

PS I have NO earthly idea why this authors note sounds like an actual thing written by a girl my age when the one at top sounds more formal, and the ones in my Transformers fics sounds like they were written by an english professor.... I blame it on the fact that I spent the last *counts*... 26 hours with 4 of my best friends... And now I'm all lonely... :'(