It was all a bad mistake

Do I have feelings for a boy I just met?? Clay pondered as he stared blankly at his ceiling. "God." He muttered and chuckled. After some time of thinking he also drifted off to sleep, trying to brush the thought off of his shoulder

-

he awoke, but things seemed off. Clay sat up stretching, his dirty blonde hair was messy. He ran his hands through his hair yawning, then stumbling out of bed. He adjusted is sweatshirt and put his hand in his sweatpants pocket as he went to go see if the brit was still asleep. To his surprise, the brit was up and sitting on the couch, "Wow, George. I didn't expect you to be up" He said laughing as he walked over to the brunette. "I um- just got up and decided to not be so lazy" He said nervously laughing as he looked down, "Look um I'm really sorry about last night I just got a text and it-" He was abruptly cut off, "George, it's okay!! you don't have to tell me anything your not comfortable with! Your not a burden" Clay said as he sat next to the boy.

"I- know... It was just my ex.. that's all..." George mumbled worried. "Oh? what did he say to make you cry..?" The taller one asked confused

"He said.. that I'm dead, once h finds out, where i am.." The smaller boy said in fear.

What?? What did he just say??? Did his ex not know he was here??

"George- I- Does he not know your here?? Are you okay??" Clay said with sudden worry spilling out of him as he talked. "I.. yes-.. no.. he doesn't know I'm here either.." George felt tears begin to form in his eyes, he was trying to contain it all. Clay was very confused and worried. Was Oliver abusive? God he was so angry. Who was this guy? Why would he want to hurt such a soul?? "George... I am so sorry.. do you want to talk about it..? Is there anything I can do for you?" George nodded, he was about to spill his guts. Hopefully he doesn't scare him away like the rest.

-

After George had described who Oliver was, and what their relationship was like, it left Clay in shock. He sat watching the helpless brunette cry at every word, describing the most painful experiences to him.  "It was all.. a bad mistake.." The brit said frowning. Clay just wanted to hold the small boy. He felt bad for feeling this way, he felt overprotective, but why? He wasn't even his to protect. "I'm so sorry George.. your.. your welcome to stay down here as long as you want.. You don't have to leave any time soon if you don't want to.." The blonde said placing a hand on the brits arm.

-

After some more talking they went back to normal, Clay had offered to record with him, and they hung out the rest of the day. George had started to loosen up, he was slowly forgetting about Oliver, he thought if he stayed for a while, maybe Oliver would soon forget about him too, and so that's exactly what he planned to do. 

George had ended up staying for weeks now, occasionally going to therapy Bad had scheduled for him. Growing even closer with the beaming blonde, who treated him like a person, NOT a dog. They were close friends, and George was beginning to like staying in Florida.

"So, George," Clay said, mouth full of a blueberry muffin, "Would you want to maybe go to a party? My close friend is having one, I was gonna go but like, I didn't want to bail on you or anything." He looked up at George who was now fumbling with his fingers,"Uhh maybe? i dunno clay would i even belong there?" He asked smiling curiously. "Uh hell yea, your my friend dude, of course your welcome there. besides I don't want to go dancing by myself" He said rolling his eyes laughing. George had laughed with a slight pink form to his face. "Okay. whatever idiot. i'll go." He said as he smiled at the blonde who had now finished his muffin and skipped down the hall. "great!! Dress nice georgie, we're gonna leave in 20!" He said as he went into his room closing the door.