7

"Okay. Just a twist here. And a tap there.....Tada! The robot replicas are ready." Tim announced after a ten hour job.

"Wow, they look exactly like the pups and I!" Zach awed. Tim grinned.

"Yup! I made them so that they would even sound like you. Isn't that cool?!"

"They'll sure trick the people." Chase said.

"Good. Because I'm not going back. Not until we find out what happened to our parents." Zach said.

"Right. So let's go over the facts." Tim suggested. They spent thirty some minutes noting the obvious facts.

1. Mom and Dad either owned Drake Industries, or they worked for someone else and covered it. 

2. They either created high tech tools and electronics to sell as a rivaling company of the Wayne Enterprises, or they created high tech stuff for someone else.

3. They were either on their way to meet with a customer, or they were going to meet with their employer.

4. It was either a freak accident, or someone deliberately killed them.

"Okay, so we have our facts....what do they mean? Most of them are either... or statements. How do we clear some of these questions up?" Zach asked.

"We need to visit the site of the accident, or we could start by talking people who worked with them." Tim suggested.

"Well, who do we know that worked them? Besides, Bruce?" Zach asked.

"Well, there's that one family....Erby. Remember their kids? Liliana and Kyle?" Tim asked.

"Yeah, weren't they the ones who we spent time with when Mom and Dad had to go on business trips, when we were younger?" Zach recounted.

"Yes, they go my school...er, well our school. We could ask them if we could talk with their parents. Surely they will have answers to some of our questions." Tim said.

"What questions? And what are you two doing down here? Everyone is in bed." Bruce came behind them.

"Oh! Well, there's this project that I'm doing in one of my classes and I forgot what we're supposed to do. So I thought that I could go to their house tomorrow after school and work on it. If, that is, it's okay with you." Tim lied.

"Well, if it's for school, then you have my permission. Speaking of which, Zach, I need to enroll you into the school as well. We will do that in the morning, before Tim leaves. You will be joining him." Bruce said.  The boys nodded then ran up to their rooms.

The next day, Bruce sat down with Zach and Tim to complete the enrollment form.

"Okay, full name?" Bruce asked as he readied himself to type it in.

"Zachary Ryder Drake. Age 15."

"Grade, school before transferring?"

"Uh, I guess I'm in tenth. And for a while I attended classes at Adventure Bay Prep."

"I suppose you don't know whether or not you have any allergies?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, I haven't paid a visit to the doctor in over ten years."

"Then we will need to schedule a check up with Leslie. But for now, I'll just say no known allergies."

"That's fine."

"Alright, anything you want the teacher to know?" Bruce asked.

"Hmmmm, nothing. I prefer to keep my abilities a secret." Zach replied.