ଘ 1 | Cabin Buddy

Choi Beomgyu stepped out of the car, stretching his arms quite dramatically after the extensive two hour car ride that he had just endured. He pulled a relatively large backpack out of the trunk, slinging it onto his shoulders rather nonchalantly as he admired the appealing scenery around him. Pine trees sprinkled the landscape, partnered with cabins and camping chairs which were scattered about amongst the greenery. Even the faint smell of wood being burned wafted through the air, all of which left Beomgyu captivated in the enchanting surroundings. The brunette could hardly wait to spend a relaxing summer surrounded by miles of quiet woods and equally star-filled nights, without having to worry of the stresses which awaited him back home. With a nod, he turned to face the driver's seat where his mother was seated. She seemed rather downcast, signaling to Beomgyu that she most certainly didn't want him to leave.

He approached the car door, leaning in as he gave a comforting hug to improve her dismal mood, "I won't be gone forever, I'll be home before you know it."

"I know," she sighed, tears pricking at her eyes, "It's just... Two months is a long time for you to be away from home."

"I'll be okay, don't worry," he reassured her, breaking away from the hug and readjusting his backpack, "when I come back I promise I'll tell you everything fun I did, and It'll be like I never even left."

She could only weakly smile at him, with Beomgyu hoping that what he explained would be enough to calm her nerves. With one final hug to end the conversation, she closed the car door and returned down the road, a light mist of dust remaining as the vehicle traveled out of sight. Beomgyu was on his own, and as he brushed away a few stray hairs that were covering his eyes, he watched as a few campers made their way down a dirt trail. Trusting their judgment, he followed the crowd, walking a few feet behind them as he heard small fragments of their conversation.

One of their voices was rather high pitched and energetic, practically bouncing with every step he took. Although, the hyper boy was speaking with someone who had a rather raspy voice, with inky black hair to go with it. Beomgyu sucked in a sharp, silent breath, a looming feeling of dread clouding his senses. The voice he heard was so familiar, yet so distant as he continued to listen to him speak. He could begin to feel his own heart in his chest, beating rapidly as his mind endlessly raced. Could it be...? Although after a moment of processing the improbable situation, Beomgyu refused to believe that it was him, concluding that it was nothing more than irrational thinking.

After having a rather lengthy argument with himself in his own head, the path ended at a small clearing with a huge grassy field and a few scattered picnic tables. He then noticed a crowd of other campers had gathered directly in front of what appeared to be a stage which sat at the very end of the field. With little hesitation, he made his way towards the sea of people, although he only stood at the very back of the crowd, since he was too anxious to make an attempt for the front.

After a minute or so of waiting, a rather tall man walked onto the stage—presumably a camp counselor—and began speaking into the microphone which was placed directly in the center. He wore an olive green t-shirt that displayed the camp's name on the chest, and held onto the microphone stand as he spoke, "hey campers!" he beamed, adjusting the clear-rimmed glasses on his face, "I'm your camp leader Jung Hoseok, and I'll be making sure you have the best time here at Camp Greywood!"

The crowd cheered in agreement, which only made the charismatic Hoseok even more riled up with excitement, "You all may get a rule book and your cabin number from your cabin leader, Jeon Jungkook!" Everyone's eyes turned to the presumed Jungkook, who only waved at the group in return, "now, if you guys have any questions you can always come to either of us. You are free to go find your cabins and talk amongst yourselves. And remember—have fun!"