ଘ 10 | The Falling Out * ੈ✩‧₊˚

A/N - Another flashback chapter for you guys! It's finally time to find out why Yeonjun & Beomgyu have such a complicated history, and the reasoning behind their lost friendship. 

Beomgyu never had any particular affinity for the lunchroom. More often than not he would have earbuds on during the entirety of the break time, as the lack of adult supervision usually caused his peers to simply disregard most basic morals. Despite their usual bothersome behavior, it wasn't too difficult to deal with as long as he was with Yeonjun. Ever since they had become friends, it was practically guaranteed that they would sit together during every lunch period. Without fail, they'd find a designated table in the corner and talk endlessly, as if they were in their own world. No matter how corny it would seem to others, Beomgyu was appreciative that they had been there for each other for years.

Finally being free from Munhee during a brief portion of high school, things felt as if they were falling into place perfectly. Reminiscing on the memories, he decidedly sent a text to Yeonjun to ask about his whereabouts. Beomgyu was sat at his usual table, although alone as it was absent of its routine company. Normally it would be populated with a few of Yeonjun's other friends as well, but much to Beomgyu's dismay, it remained entirely empty.

Even with the additional conversations Beomgyu would share with Yeonjun's friends, he was never particularly close to any of them—utterly evident by the fact that they were nowhere to be found if Yeonjun wasn't present. It was never particularly disheartening, as Beomgyu felt content in having Yeonjun be the one person who he was truly comfortable around. But coincidentally, he was also the same person who hadn't even bothered to explain where he was. Although it was abnormal, it was beginning to become somewhat routine as the behavior had been repeating itself for weeks.

With a sigh, Beomgyu unlocked his phone in an effort to figure out where his absent friend had repeatedly vanished off to during lunch. There was no text message or call indicating any sort of location, so Beomgyu took it upon himself to uncover it on his own. He placed his earbuds into his backpack before slinging it onto the back of his chair, as he knew he would be back shortly to retrieve it.

Exiting the lunchroom, he scanned the hallways for some sort of sign. Without a single person in sight, he decidedly walked in the direction of his locker to at least have a vague idea of where to start. As he was about to round the corner of the hallway just before his locker, he slowed his speed as the unmistakable sound of voices could be heard from a few feet away. He didn't pay much mind to it until a certain name was called out, and it had him stop dead in his tracks.

"Come on Yeonjun, hurry up and do it before we're caught," a hushed voice spoke, with a vague rustling of a bag following the statement.

"Alright, alright. Give it to me," Yeonjun answered before grabbing something which made a distinct clinking noise against his hand.

Beomgyu was hidden around the corner, although he was forced to try and infer what was happening. He feared that if he attempted to peek he would be spotted, but it frustrated him that he couldn't recognize any of the voices other than Yeonjun's, and the people he was consorting with certainly didn't sound friendly by any means. As he strained his ears to deduce what item had been given to Yeonjun, he could hear a ball bearing of some sort rattle around. There was then an abrupt noise of hissing, and it only took a moment for Beomgyu to realize what was occurring. No longer caring about being spotted, he turned the corner to witness the event with his own eyes. In front of him stood his own friend with a can of spray paint in hand, encircled by a group of people that he recognized as the distinguished troublemakers of the school.