ଘ 7 | Row, Row, Row Your Boat * ੈ✩‧₊˚

In the course of a few days, Beomgyu had already devised a perfect strategy to befriend the newest addition to their group-Kang Taehyun. He just had to make sure that Taehyun was spending every waking moment with him, and so much so that it would make Yeonjun seem like nothing more than a distant memory. Despite any obstacles, he just had to keep the two separated as much as he possibly could, even if it meant having to intrude on conversations that happened to involve Yeonjun. Which, of course, Beomgyu had to do quite often. But being the annoyingly determined person he was, he didn't find it too difficult to swipe Taehyun away from Yeonjun's clutches whenever he deemed it suitable. Considering the two were now sharing the same cabin, Taehyun and Yeonjun could usually be found walking to the dining hall together during the mornings.

This pattern had repeated itself for a few days, and every time Beomgyu somehow became incrementally more persistent with his approach. This morning was no different, as he lingered by the double doors in anticipation of Taehyun's arrival. His gaze followed the groups of campers entering the building, getting a handful of confused stares from them in the process, as it was hard to ignore the recurring Beomgyu, who found himself waiting outside the dining hall every single morning without fail.

He soon saw two familiar figures in the distance, coming into view as they made their way towards his direction. Beomgyu sprung into action, quickly abandoning his spot by the doors and jogging over to Taehyun to enact his plan. He joined the younger by his side, which earned a groan from Yeonjun who had grown rather tired of Beomgyu's repeatedly idiotic games.

"Taehyun! Good morning," he shouted in a sing-song voice, wrapping an arm around the aforementioned boy's shoulders.

"Good morning Beomgyu," he softly smiled back, completely oblivious to Yeonjun's distaste of having the brunette around him so frequently.

"It was a good morning," Yeonjun muttered to himself, although intentionally spoke loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Anyway," Beomgyu swiftly changed the subject, now altering his position from Taehyun's side to standing directly in front of him, "how about we get a head start on breakfast today?"

"A head start?" Taehyun parroted, unsure of what the taller had in mind.

"Yeah, you ready?" He asked, clearly being vague on purpose.

"What do you mea-ah!" Taehyun hardly got a sentence out before Beomgyu had grabbed his hand and began a dash towards the dining hall.

The sudden running took Taehyun by surprise, but that revelation hardly slowed Beomgyu down. In fact, he only ran faster, as he didn't want to leave a moment open for Yeonjun to catch up with them. Sprinting full speed to the dining hall wasn't exactly what either of them had in mind for their morning, but Beomgyu was determined to direct Taehyun's attention away from Yeonjun in any way he could.

After a minute or so of running, they managed to reach the double doors, where Beomgyu had decided to halt their escapade for a moment. He released Taehyun's hand from his grasp, "I'm surprised you managed to keep up," he laughed, a hand on his chest as he attempted to catch his breath.

"I can, I just wasn't expecting to run like that first thing in the morning," Taehyun panted back.

"Sorry, I didn't realize how far we were from the dining hall," Beomgyu admitted, opening the doors for the both of them to enter.

"It's fine," Taehyun shook his head humorously, "just give me a heads up next time you decide you want me to join you for a morning workout."

"Hey, I gave you a heads up," Beomgyu smirked, "I asked if you wanted to get a head start."