ଘ 9 | Second Thoughts * ੈ✩‧₊˚

Beomgyu resided cross-legged on the floor in front of his bed, furiously scrubbing his guitar with a damp cloth to remove the mud that coated its back. Although the task was a bit more difficult than he had anticipated, there was a part of him that was thankful that the instrument was at least still in one piece. He strummed the guitar as a test, relieved as the strings also seemed to have been untouched. He continued to inspect for any more inconsistencies before he heard the cabin door's distinct squeak, and he turned his head in the direction of the noise to witness it open. He had almost expected to see Yeonjun on the other side for a moment, as he would have had ample time to return the jerseys to camp leader Jungkook. He was taken aback slightly as he saw Soobin and Huening Kai enter the room, although the realization that he had unintentionally hoped for his rival's entrance first before his actual friends was enough to knock some sense into Beomgyu.

"Oh good, you're actually here," Soobin seemed relieved by Beomgyu's atypical presence in the cabin.

"Uh, yeah? It's my own cabin, why is it surprising that I'm here?" Beomgyu quirked an eyebrow at the statement before returning focus to his guitar.

"Well, you're rarely ever here during the day and I didn't want to have to run all over camp to find you," it was fairly evident in his tone that he had something to tell Beomgyu, which was only confirmed by how apprehensive he was to further enter the room.

"What did you need to find me for?" He asked without much curiosity, not even glancing up before adding another comment, "and you don't have to stand by the door. Sit on Yeonjun's bed or something, it's not like he's ever here to use it."

Soobin nodded and gestured for Huening Kai to follow in his lead, taking a seat on the bed opposite to Beomgyu's. It was only then that Beomgyu realized the importance of the situation as a prominent silence began to linger in the conversation. He glanced up from polishing his guitar to notice the timid expressions plastered on both of their faces, making Beomgyu a bit hesitant to ask them the reasoning. Thankfully, he hardly needed to pry as Soobin managed a statement to resolve the quiet, "it's nothing bad, we just wanted to tell you something."

"Um, alright, if it's nothing bad then just tell me," the brunette attempted to encourage them, setting his guitar to the side to give his full attention to the discussion.

Huening Kai finally chimed in, although his nervous demeanor wasn't much improvement from Soobin's, "it's um, well it's kind of hard to say out loud."

"You guys are killing me here," Beomgyu rested his back against the frame of his bed, his eagerness for the answer growing endlessly.

"Okay, okay, fine." Soobin fidgeted with his hands, facing Huening Kai for confirmation, "do you want to tell him, or do you want me to?"

"You can, if you want to. I mean, unless you're nervous then I can do it." He smiled warmly, trying to comfort the latter in the process.

"Don't force yourself if you don't want to, I can-"

"Oh my god! Are you guys gonna tell me or not? You're acting like a damn newlywed couple or something," Beomgyu interrupted, his patience wearing thin from the duo's secrecy. However, his joking response seemed to have the two stunned for a moment, sharing an embarrassed glance as if they were speechless on what to say. The entire transaction immediately registered in Beomgyu's mind that he was correct with his guess even despite it mostly being a joke, "wait, wait, wait-hold on a second, I was just joking. Are you guys like, actually a couple?"

"I... I just can't believe you guessed it before we told you," Soobin frowned dramatically with Huening Kai to console him as he rubbed his back with a reassuring hand.