ଘ 6 | Replacement * ੈ✩‧₊˚

By the time it was morning, it wasn't hard to conclude that Beomgyu had hardly slept the entire night. Yeonjun hadn't returned to the cabin since their argument, which left the younger feeling quite thankful. He wasn't sure where he ran off to, yet he couldn't find it in himself to care. Then again, even despite his cabin mate's disappearance he still had the most restless night of sleep in his life. With a groan, he pulled himself up from his bed, groggily brushing his teeth and hair before sleepily changing his clothes. Exiting the cabin, he realized it was going to be a rather difficult day due to his tiredness. Because if Beomgyu was known for anything, it was his borderline abnormal love of sleep.

As he made his way towards the dining hall, a realization flashed in his sluggish mind. Even if Yeonjun was no longer sleeping in the cabin, he would still be participating in the other camp activities. It would be almost impossible to avoid him due to the meal time meet-ups in the dining hall, and the games which occasionally forced cabin mates to work together. A sense of dread began stirring in his chest, and as the familiar double doors came into view, it sent that feeling into overdrive. Not wanting to leave Soobin alone during breakfast, he forced it down as best he could before pushing his way through the entrance.

He made a decision not to linger, eyes scanning his surroundings to find his bunny-faced friend. An exhale of relief left him as he quickly spotted Soobin, about to go towards him before realizing which table he was seated at. Huening Kai and Yeonjun's. Luckily, it seemed as if the older was awaiting Beomgyu's arrival, and stood from his seat to join his shorter friend by the doors. Once Soobin approached, Beomgyu wasted no time in explaining his distaste in sitting at a certain table that morning.

"Soobin, thank god," he dramatically placed a hand on his chest, as if he were a damsel in distress.

"What?" He tilted his head, confusion plastered on his expression, "what's up with you?"

"I really didn't want to go over there and sit with you-know-who," he couldn't prevent the glare he aimed in the direction of the table as he ended his sentence.

"Yeah, I thought so. Especially right now, because Yeonjun's in a pretty pissy mood," he caught the knowing glimpse from Beomgyu, who seemed unfazed by the reaction, "and I know you're gonna say, 'he's always like that.' But seriously, he's acting more moody than normal."

Beomgyu hesitated in response, guilt basically exuding from him, "...Uh, yeah about that..."

Soobin cocked an eyebrow at his fidgety friend, "Beomgyu, what did you do?"

The younger awkwardly chuckled at Soobin's questioning stare, "nothing! Well, nothing much."

"Yeonjun almost bit my head off because I accidentally took a sip of his water bottle instead of mine this morning," the older stated, crossing his arms as he awaited the latter's response, "are you sure you had nothing to do with his sudden attitude change?"

Beomgyu decided to head towards an empty table in the corner, as their conversation started drawing attention from the other campers around them, "I mean, that does seem like a normal reaction from him."

"Maybe to you," Soobin answered, following Beomgyu to the table, "but to most people he's not like that."

"Well maybe he's just finally showing everyone his true colors today," Beomgyu just conjured up excuse after excuse, which Soobin was not having.

"I know when you're lying, Beomgyu," the bunny-faced boy stated, taking a seat across the table from his fibbing friend, "you think after knowing you all these years I wouldn't be able to tell?"