Chapter 4

Okay, I am going to try to update more often now. I have been really slacking lately, but I will try my best. My grandfather had a heart attack the other day, and my dad, aunts, and uncle are really stressed. I also have a tractor door that me and my cousin have to pay for. Made of glass. It's reeeaaalllyy expensive. I am glad I have quite a few years until I have to go to college. Anyways, I am up to 64 reads, and 12 fans! I'm getting there!

Now, let's get down to business. I am holding a contest. The contest is.... drum roll please (pretend you hear a drumroll)........a book cover contest!

Rules: Nothing inappropriate, must have the title (On The Edge), my username, and something to do with 1D, Niall Horan, or something to do with dancing, got it?

Whoever makes the best cover, will win a dedication, and if you have any written, I will promote one of your stories! May the best graphic design artist win!

On with the next chappie!!

~Carri~

Mandy's POV

I had no clue where Niall was taking me. I have to admit, I was still taking it all in what happened. Well, let's see. I bumped into Niall Horan without knowing it, he dropped his phone, he saw me dancing, he found his phone, he gave me his number, I got beat up again by uncle Ken, Niall Horan; out of any person in the world found me, bandaged me up, and now I do not know what he is going to do with me. Am I missing something?

I heard him chuckle, "I think I will explain later when we get your arm checked out."

"Did I j-just s-say that o-out loud?" Crap. I need to start taping my mouth shut.

"Yep." He replied, popping the 'p'.

"W-where a-are y-you t-taking m-me?" I choked out.

"Like I said before, going to get your arm checked out."

"Why did you help me?"

"Because a beautiful, talented, girl like you shoudn't be hurt like this. How did this happen?"

Our conversation was cut off by pulling into the car lot of the emergency room. I couldn't stand up to get out of the car, so Niall picked me up bridal style, and carried me through the doors. I felt so safe in his arms. He set me down in a chair, and walked over to the receptionist's desk. He talked with receptionist for a moment, the brought back a clip board, of which I assumed was to fill out my personnel information. He handed my a pen and the clipboard. I filled the answers in the box.

Name: Mandy Jonson

Parents/Legal Guardian: Kenner and Beth Jonson

Age: 17 Birthday: 6/18/1993

Injury: injured arm

I finished filling out the form, and tried to stand up, but I fell right on top of Niall. I blushed, then he took the clipboard from me, and brought it back to the desk.

A few minutes later, a doctor came out.

"Hello, Mandy, my name is Dr. Janes, and I need to to you back to my office to examine your arm." I glanced at Niall, who locked eyes with me for a moment, eyes saying, 'it's okay, I will come with you'

I turned back to the doctor, and nodded. Niall helped me walk/limp to follow the doctor.

We came out of x-rays, and sat down again. Niall gave me a reassuring smile. After about 20 minutes of comfortable silence, Dr. Janes came out with the results.

"Mandy, I have the x-rays showing.. you have broken your arm. You will need to wear a cast for the next 6 weeks." Oh great. Juuust great. All I need now is uncle Ken to make it worse. oh joy.

"O-okay. When will i need to get my cast?"

"In about 15 minutes." Ugh.

After I got my cast on, we got in the car. As soon as I sat down, I began to sob hysterically.

"Shhh, it's okay. Could you tell me how you got all these cuts, bruises and a broken arm?" Niall cooed.

"M-my uncle Ken. He w-was d-drunk. H-he threw me d-down the s-stairs." I somehow managed to choke out between sobs.

"Does he do this all the time?" i nodded. Suddenly I remembered HOW THE HECK DID HE FIND ME??

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"I tried texting you, but you didn't reply, so i called you, being the anxious person I am,wanting to know if you wanted to hang out. You somehow answered the phone, but all I heard was loud thumping, then you screaming. I called Paul to trace your number and find out where you are. Then I found you lying there and didn't think it was that bad. Listen, I know i just met you, but I got this feeling in the pit of my stomach, telling me something was wrong. I wanted to help you." I just sat there with tears in my eyes. Nobody was this generous to me, except my parents.

"Now that you know how I found you, and I know how you got hurt in the first place, you are not going back there for at last 2 weeks. I am going to get you a hotel room, so you can stay there, I don't want you contacting your Uncle Ken until I know it is safe. I don't think a beautiful girl with such a beautiful talent should go through with this." Niall said, looking straight into my eyes, searching mine for an answer. I gasped, but then nodded. I didn't want to turn down the offer, but then I realized what ken would to do me if I went somewhere without telling him. Who am I kidding? I go to that old, rundown building with him thinking I go to the study hall after school. Why not accept?

He drove me to a hotel about an hour away from my uncle's house, and 15 minutes away from the hospital. We got out, me limping and him walking with his arm around my shoulder for support in case I fell. He sat me down on the chair in the lobby, then went to talk to the receptionist. He came back with a key. He helped me into an elevator. When he held me it felt so comforting and I felt so safe in his arms. The elevator dinged, signalling that we have arrived on the floor of my hotel room. We walked down the hall until we found the room number. The doors were spread out by about 10 or 15 feet. Niall glanced around cautiously, probably making sure there were no paps around. Then he slid the key in, then opened the door.

No. freaking. way.!! This was huge!!

---------------------------***********---------------------------------

Okay, it's kind of a cliffhanger, but it is a happy cliffhanger.....sorta........anyways, I HAVEN'T GOT ANY COVERS YET!! I am starting to get a little upset that my readers are not paying attention! *sigh*

Keep the change, you filthy animals..... just kidding lol....

~Cerri~