Chapter 14 - What Smells Like It's Burning?

Montana Summer - 14

"Hand me the cheese!" I said weirdly as I took the pepperoni off the frozen pizza and put it in a bowl. Lou grabbed the cheese out of the fridge and opened the bag.

"Open up," he whispered as he grabbed a pinch of mozzarella and held it above my head. I tilted my head back and open my mouth. Lou dropped the cheese carefully into my mouth and then he started spreading some more onto to pizza.

"I think everyone's going to be mad at us," I stated as I felt Louis' arms wrap around my stomach, and his face nuzzle into my neck. He planted soft kisses on my neck as I finished the pizza and stuck it in the oven. "Having fun there?" I chuckled.

"Mhmm." He hummed as he kept placing kisses up my neck and made his way to my lips. My hair was still wet, but it was still tied into a low ponytail, and I was dressed in light blue pajama pants and a light blue spaghetti strap shirt. As Louis spun me around, he slid his hands under my shirt. His hands were really warm and it sent chills trickling up my spine.

"Louis how's Ha-" Niall started as he screamed a little bit and covered his eyes.. "Oops! Sorry. I'll leave you two alone before my eyes become permanently scarred." Niall quickly turned around and walked to the door. Before leaving, he ran into a wall which he mistaken for the door. I chuckled and turned around so Louis and I were chest to chest.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" Louis asked as he put his forehead on mine. I smiled, and probably blushed, and nodded.

"I'm sure you've mentioned it once or twice." He smirked and kissed my nose. "Remember what you said earlier?"

"About you being beautiful?" I rolled my eyes playfully and shook my head.

"About you not forcing me to have sex." Louis' perfect lips went to an 'o' shape.

"I'll only do it when you're ready. Plus I'm not that type of guy." His sweet British accent rang through my mind as he set my on the counter top. "You already mean so much to me, and I'd hate to lose you." I smiled weakly as I placed a kiss on his soft tempting lips.

"Harley! Louis! We're home!" My mom hollered through the house as she opened the door. "Where a- WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE!?" My mom shrieked as Louis and I yanked apart. "Oh, I thought you were someone else. I'm so dearly sorry Louis." She sent Lou and I a smile and walked up the stairs.

"Who's gunna tell her 'bout the other four fifths of One Direction being here?" I asked with a playful grin on my face. Louis turned around shot me what I was certain a death glare.

"Not me!" Louis and I yelled at the exact same time! We busted into laughter and I almost forgot about the pizza.

"What smells like its burning?!" Mom hollered. Louis opened the oven and I took a glance at the pizza. It was slightly burnt, but it smelt delicious.

"It's not the pizza," Lou hollered back.

Jack busted through the back door and his expression worried me.

It was fear.

Jack never has fear.

Ever.

"Harley, Lou come quick! We have to get all the horses out of the barn. There's a large forest fire heading this way!" My heart sank as I pushed Lou out of the way to get to my horse. "Tommo's already saddled up. I hope the horses will follow him."

"They will." I said sternly as I mounted my horse and rode out of the barn. "Lou let 'em out!" I hollered as I slowed down. The smoke was thick and I couldn't help but let a stray tear fall from my eye. Who would do such a thing?!

"Go on! Get outta here!!" Lou hollered. Horses galloped out and that was my cue to lead them to the other barn that was located on out property. "Harley I'm staying back and helping Jack with the other horses!"

"No!" I said as I turned around. I pulled back hard on the reins and Tommo stopped.

"Harley I have to!"

"What if you get hurt!?" I yelled at him feeling my heart rattle in my chest. "I don't want to lose you Louis!"

"Harley I'll be fine! Niall and Liam will go with you!" Niall and Liam were already at my sides waiting for me. "Just call me on my cell if you need anything babe." I nodded and started off the herd again.

"Har, Lou will be alright." Liam hollered five minutes later. "He's a fighter." he yelled reassuringly as he kept one of the horses at an even pace. "Just have a little faith in him." I heard the weak smile in his voice as I continued to let Tommo take his own pace to the barn that was so far away.

"Harley, he-" Niall started.

"Niall, stop. Stop saying he's going to be okay! I will believe what I want to believe!" I cried out letting my tears fall. "Just... Just leave me alone. Take the horses to the barn. I'm going back to the house," I said as I yanked Tommo's reigns hard, slowing him and the rest of the horses down quickly.

"Wha-"

"Don't ask questions. Give me you're horse and I'll let you take Tommo. He know's where he's going." I hopped off Tommo and walked over to Niall. He easily got off the horse and walked to Tommo. "Just let Tommo guide you to the barn. He knows the way. Do not fight him for any reason!" I yelled as I turned the horse I was now on around and headed back towards the house.

"Harley, don't go!" Liam hollered.

"I have to Liam. Go with Niall!" I yelled as I got further away. My eyes scanned the horses and the only horse that didn't appear to be there was Lance. Adrenaline settled into my blood, and I quickly became nervous. "Lance, you better be with Louis!" I whispered as the horse I was on reached full speed. The house was in sight, yet so was the smoke from the wild fire. "Who would set a fire?! Especially when they knew ther-" my eyes widened as I thought of the only person who would do that.

Harry freaking Styles.

_________________________________

Hey guys!!! Here's your update of this story. I'll get Protection updated soon, I promise!

15 votes and 5 comments for the next update on this story!!

~ DependsOnForever