Chapter 5 - Five Strikes And You're Out!

Chapter 5

     My eyes opened quickly at the loud crash of thunder. I sat straight up, looking over at Louis' bed. He was sound asleep. I didn't want to say anything to wake him up, but I didn't have to. Another loud boom of thunder came from outside, making me yelp. Louis flinched, sitting up. "Sorry, I just hate storms." I felt bad for waking him up.

     "It's fine babe," he replied tiredly. A yawn escaped his lips, as he rubbed his eyes. An idea popped into my head, as I jumped again at the sound of a very loud crash of thunder.

     "Louis," I started but he already knew what I wanted. Louis scooted over, making room for me. Smiling, I ran over to his bed, jumping on it. "Thanks," I said as he wrapped a protective arm around me. We both laid down. At every crash, I scooted closer to Lou for protection.

     "Shh, babe it's just a storm." Louis scooted as close he could to me. "I hear, the wind, call my name," Louis sang quietly. "The sound that leads me home again. It sparks up a fire, a flame that still burns. To you, I will always return." Louis started drawing circles on my back as I became sleepy, and less jumpy at the crashes. "I know the road is long. But where you are is home. Where ever you stay, I'll find the way. I'll run like the river. I'll follow the sun. I'll fly like an eagle, to where I belong." Louis voice became softer, and his hands became slower and slower. "I can't stand the distance. I can't dream alone. I can't wait to see you. Yeah I'm on my way home." I smiled as Lou wrapped his arm back around me. I placed my hand on top of his, falling to sleep.

-*-*-*-*-

     I woke up, taking a deep breath in and letting it out slowly. Sunlight shone through my window, touching almost everything in my room. I turned over, to see an empty bedside. Furrowing my brows, I got out of Louis bed, and walked downstairs. My dad was sitting in his chair reading today's newspaper. Rolling my eyes, I continued to the kitchen. Mom was sitting at the kitchen table, talking to some of the ranch hands. "Hey mom, wheres Louis," I asked running a hand through my hair.

     She smiled, pointing out the window. "He said he'd be in the barn. He didn't say what he was doing though." I nodded, running back up to my room. My eyes laid themselves on some Levi jeans that had been ripped from all the riding i've done in them. I slipped them on after I slipped my pj bottoms off. Pulling my shirt off, I walked over to my dresser grabbing my DO. I made sure to close it back after I was done with it. My eyes scanned my shirts. Finally looking over again, I settled on a brown tank top. After I had my shirt on, I ran back downstairs. Dad raised an eyebrow at me.

     Ignoring it, I ran into the kitchen, grabbing my boots in the process. "Slow down, Harley," Jack laughed. I stuck my tongue out at him, and walked out the kitchen door. Louis walked out of the barn leading a fully equip horse out as well.

     "Where did you learn to do that British Boy?" His gaze snapped over to me. Louis' lips started to stretch in a smile.

     "Your dad taught me yesterday. You know, while you were inside pouting," He joked. I opened my mouth in shock. I walked over to Louis, staring his straight in the eyes.

     "Just for that, practice is an hour longer." I smiled while Louis tilted his head back and groaned. "Should have thought about that British Boy," I laughed pushing his chest slightly. Louis chuckled, walking towards a post. "Tie him up and come help me." I walked over to the barn door, waiting for Louis to tie up Lance. He jogged over, slowing down once he reached me. I wonder how he would look in a cowboy hat, I wondered. I smiled, walking to my left. Like a lost puppy Louis followed me.

     "Why are we going towards the place where your dad keeps the hats?" Dad always ruins everything. "He showed me the whole barn basically." No he didn't, I thought smiling. Louis couldn't keep quiet. "Why are we walking back here?"