𝟏 𝟕; 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧

TW: MENTIONS OF ABUSIVE FAMILY MEMBERS

Christmas Eve.

It had been 3 weeks now that Harley and her family had settled in Malfoy Manor.

Still, she acquired no security. She never was able to visit her mother very often since she was located in a completely distant wing of the manor. Her brother mainly passed time in his room, most likely due to the shame of being labeled a Death Eater, which Harley comprehensively understood. Draco did this as well, lounging in his room on his bed with a dead expression, the dull luminance of the clouded air beaming through the sliver of curtain that didn't conceal the windows. Harley mainly spent her time with Ezra, training, resting by the fire, or reading with him, all in which she really enjoyed.

But despite how close she was getting with Ezra, her moment with Draco a week ago had still lingered in her thoughts, consuming them in their entirety.

They had almost kissed, and she identified it. It wasn't right of her to do so, really. Shame lingered in her emotions for the week following the incident. She hadn't understood why they almost kissed, he could've killed her if she hadn't preformed the defense mechanism she had completed. But perhaps it turned her on like it always did. Besides, what's a good love story without a possible murder?

Despite her intrusive thoughts, Harley did manage to uncover an oasis for her own peace. The Malfoy Manor library. The theme that doused the grand library was rather contrasting to the rest of the manor. The main areas of the manor were consumed in darkness, with evil embellishments of all sorts, shaking Harley to the bone with fear. It was unsettling, even to the foulest Death Eaters who had dwelled there. But the library was almost angelic. Lighter academic ambience. Vanilla aroma. Arrays upon arrays of stories of all kinds. It was a peaceful escape.

Each night, Harley would Apparate herself into the library to escape the overwhelming gloom drenching her senses. She would plummet into the pleasant aroma of ancient books and a whimsical stench of honey, and the golden moonlight pouring in through the bay windows. She remained perched by those windows with stories scattered at her knees until the sky painted itself pink with a magnificent sunrise. Her reading for the night would be concluded, and using only her hands, she'd Apparate back into the cruelty, causing an instant wave of gloom to engulf her.

However, today was Christmas Eve. A light at the end of the tunnel.

Despite the holiday spirit Harley had obtained to stay content, none of the boys shared the same pride she did. They had dwelled in their room for the entirety of the day. But that was alright. Perhaps it was more homey and relaxing that the contrary.