𝟎𝟕; 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬

[I know that Tom Riddle IS Voldemort, but in this fanfic, he's his son :)]

"We're joining the Death Eaters."

At this age, I didn't possess much knowledge about the Death Eaters. I knew that they were a malicious association, the Dark Lord's army, who's responsibility was to do whatever it took to take outright authority over the Wizarding World in it's entirety. They were a gang of purest blood, ferocious,  and discriminative against any other existing blood types there were. I could never picture my mellow mother being associated with such a villainous group, nor could I picture myself in that position, either.

Hunters jaw practically unhinged at the news, an aghast grimace written across his features. I wasn't surprised, for I was actually quite spooked. For I didn't know enough about our jobs, or what we were required to do, or where we'd be headed to. All I knew is that we'd be associated with the evil forces.

"Mother." Hunter uttered soberly, "Why? Why are we joining the Death Eaters?"

The translucent tears continued to stream down my mothers flushed cheeks. She shook her head, messy hair flinging across her frail shoulders. "I-I don't—"

"Mother! You're not hiding shit from us again, if we're obligated to join them, then we want a goddamn reason!" He clamored sternly.

"Okay Hunter, okay. It's been know for years, that when a pureblood Slytherins mother has a child who is seventeen years old, soon going on eighteen, the Dark Lord pays them a visit. You're invited to be a Death Eater. There's no penalty if you decline, however, I was too afraid to tell you both this information. We're being evicted soon. I can no longer afford to pay our bills to dwell here, and I would absolutely hate to have to make you both be on the streets, especially for Christmas. There, they give you absolutely everything. You don't lift a finger, and there's this huge house you stay at. We'll be alright you two, it'll be much better than this. That way, I won't have to pay for anything or worry financially."

Hunter snarled at her, still in dismay and skepticism over the information that we had just acquired. "So you think this is gonna be simpler?" He hissed gravely. "You think that being a Death Eater is going to help us? Do you realize what you've done? We're on the dark side now, there's no going back. You've ruined it."

I delicately whacked Hunters forearm, causing him to snap his head towards me, a hostile glint still burning in his irises. I gestured towards our mother and contorted my features into a grimace, indicating him to be more courteous. He inhaled deeply, eyes boring back into our mothers while he exhaled.

"I'm sorry, mother. Just listen, Harley and I could've completely helped you out if we knew you were struggling this much. And now, there's no going back." He uttered more smoothly, emerald hues fluttering shut after his words.