01

Elizer Rosh Montenegro

If you can see what the future holds inside the eye of a person would you interfere with it? If you saw them in danger will you warn them? I did and I failed. I hold on to my camera and eye on its screen. I am afraid of looking at person's eyes for two years because their futures scares the fuck out of my soul.

For two years, little by little I learned to be immune by looking at people's future however I am still in a long way.

I hate this ability, I want to be normal.

"I am in debt with this camera." I said and scroll through the pictures, for two years I have been using this to take a look at people that I am curious on how they look, it is embarrassing, I totally look like a stalker.

Sumandal ako sa swivel chair at tumingala sa kisame. It is boring.

"Mr. Montenegro," A firm tone greeted me.

"Pres." I said back and glanced at his eyes, how dominating, those green eyes bears so much order. He is more powerful in the future and I can see him sitting at a throne. Nakikita ko lang naman mga future ng mga tao kapag tumingin sila pabalik sa akin kahit na isang segundo lamang iyon. 

"Did I commit a crime against your rules again?" My lip rose.

He stared back at me with no emotion at all. "I know your family own this school, but I am the rule here."

"Woah," I said sarcastically. "What did I do?" I asked in a silly tone.

"You trespass the Arts Club's org house and painted a penis on a canvas and on the table. Please, stop it. Imagine how it is uncomfortable for a lady to see vandals like that. It is inappropriate."

I burst out of laugh. Damn, they found it.

"You also mess with Ms. Gezello, she is owned by my friend."

Gezello? Ah, the woman who will suppose to die.

I put both of my hands up. I remember that girl. "Not my type but she looks so welcoming. Rest assured, I am not interested with her."

"Please stop messing with the council and stop pretending like a student here." He said and turned his back on me.

"Okay," I said that made him stop. "I will just come back on the day of sport fest, and please prepare a huge firework for Miss Gezello. Enjoy your stress free days."

I surpass him and got out of the leisure room first. I decided to roam outside the school. It is already four in the afternoon, sakto, maraming tao ang dadaan mamaya sa kalsada, iba't ibang estudyante ng paaralan, mga kawani at iba pa.

I am now in the middle of the pavement. I am alone and it is silent, I closed my eyes, I can feel the wind brushing off my skin, swaying my hair. I can hear giggles and chats from afar. I can now sense people in 10 meter radius. I slowly opened my eyes and saw students approaching on my post.

Iba't ibang tao, iba't ibang mga mata. I looked at them, overcoming my fear as they passed by me with their judgmental eyes. Happy futures, maluwag akong nakahinga sa aking nakita.

I exhaled and started walking opposite from hundreds of people still looking at their eyes expecting them to look back.

I was taken aback.

I was captivated.

I am used to people looking back on me for a second but the girl I surpass just now looked back on my eyes for so long with so much emotion on her eyes. It was captivating. Katulad ko ay sumasabay lang siya sa agos ng tao. My eyes dilated. She has no future, I can't see anything. There is nothing in her eyes!