06

I started to see the beauty of Elani in her eyes before I know it. Day by day being with her gave me a new beginning. Araw araw nakasunod siya sa akin, palagi niya akong ine-encourage na magdasal na ipagdasal ang lahat ng bagay. We started sharing stories and good laughs. I started to know small thing about her, her mannerisms. I am always captivated by her almond eyes and I can feel warm at her smiles.

Am I inlove? Again? I bit my lower lip. I love the idea of falling for Elani. She is sweet, kind and funny.

"Lagkit mo makatingin sa akin, Elizer." She squinted her eyes.

"Sorry," I said and pursed my lips worrying that I made her feel awkward. I must not put her in an awkward situation baka layuan niya ako.

I looked in front and stared at the church instead. Nandito na naman kami sa tapat ng simbahan tinatanaw ito mula sa malayo. Minsan iniisip ko bakit ba sagad ang paniniwala ng mga tao sa Kanya? Hindi ko kasi alam ang sagot.

"Don't be sorry. I know I am beautiful." She laughed with her nose scrunch.

She's cute, her smiled makes my heart flutter. Hm- What the actual fuck did I just felt!?

I heard her laugh a little.

"Pasok ka, Elani. Hihintayin kita rito." I said encouraging because she has been telling me a lot about her faith.

"No, ayoko kung hindi ikaw ang ma-uuna." She pouted.

"Ayoko lumapit sa Kanya eh. Hindi naman siya nakikinig sa akin."

She glared at me like I said something wrong. She believes so much in Him huh?

I sighed. I hope that someday I can ba as fool as she is. Always believing.

"We will always be heard, He is truly listening. Sometimes, what we pray is not what He wants for us, He bears so much future for us, for you."
She explained with so much gesture.

"Ah!" She exclaimed like she remembered something. "You know He gives us things without us knowing," She paused.

"He gives us little things to come up to what we jave prayed for."

I gave her a small smile. "Ano bang dasal mo sa Kanya?"

Her eyes lit up. It bears so much hope for her. "Ipagdadasal mo na ba ako?" She seems excited.

"Hindi. Curious lang ako." I said in a monotone that broke her hopes.

She hissed and made faces. "Sasabihin ko lang kung ipagdadasal mo na ako." She crossed her arms and faced in front ignoring me.

"Elizer."

I looked back and saw Lianna, she is wearing a white dress that really suits her.

Huh? I just noticed that there is no pain now. That even I looked at her eyes and see her future marrying that guy. I am not hurt.

Am I not in pain now?

"Pwede ba tayo mag usap?"

I looked to Elani and she nodded. I don't really feel like leaving her behind. I think it is inappropriate to left her here para lang kausapin ang ex ko.

I wan't Elani's permission.

"You go, Elizer." She gave me a smile.

I looked at Lianna. "Yeah sure, Lianna."

We sat on the bench with distance in between. From here, we can saw Elani, starring straight at the church, I bet she's itching to go inside. I smiled when she glanced at me.

It was a long silence between me and Lianna because I do not really know if I should start the conversation or not.

"I-I am sorry for leaving you." Her voice is shaking.

She started crying. "I-I have been... so guilty about what I did to you. I generally blame you for the accident that happened to my mother wherein I should not." She sobbed.

"I understand you, Lianna." I paused.

Napayuko ako. "People always tend to find someone to blame when they are hurt."

"I am sorry too." I said and looked at her teary eyes. "I am sorry for making you feel guilty."

She cried so much for a minute. "Thank you for accepting my apology. I wish you your happiness, Elizer."

I was left alone at the bench after our conversation. I took my time alone to reflect at my feelings. Am I fully healed? I guess I am, parang nawalan ng tinik sa aking dibdib ng magka-usap kami ni Lianna.

Closure huh?

"Tsk. Tsk," Umangat ang aking tingin kay Elani nakakarating lamang. Her arms are crossed and her eyes are judging me. "Look who's broken hearted."

I chuckled. "I am not. I actually feel more okay now."

"Really? Wow, that is good for you. You can start your life without any grudge." She sat beside me.

"Pwede mo ba akong samahan?" I asked her. "...sa hospital."

"H-Hospital?" She repeated. "Yeah sure,"

I opened the car door for her which she did not expected and now she's teasing me about it.

"Grabe, Elizer crush mo talaga ako 'no." She giggled.

"Don't get too full of yourself." I said and chuckled.

Elani seems to enjoy the ride, she likes watching people outside.

"I thought people are evil but no,"

A smile let out from my lips, she's beautiful. I glanced at her, she's still watching the people outside.

I immediately put my poker face and cleared my throat to stop myself from smiling when she glanced at me.

"Why? What change your mind?"

"Well, you." She said.

I lost it, I can't hide my smile. Napailing ako sa aking sarili. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling but it doesn't help.

I opened the car door for her. "Tsk, ikaw ha. Iisipin ko na talaga na gusto mo ako."

"Isipin mo lang gusto mo." I said and smiled at her.

I was startled when there are doctors and nurses running, hinatak ko kaagad sa aking tabi si Elani upang hindi siya mabunggo ng mga ito. "Dito ka sa tabi ko."

Napahawak siya sa kanyang dibdib. "Nagulat ba kita?"

"Hindi naman, kinabahan ako lang sa biglang paghatak mo sa akin."

"S-Sino pala pupuntahan natin?" Dugtong niya.

"Si Papa,"

"Oh, oo nga pala."

I hold the door knob of the room but I do not have the courage to twist it. I am afraid and ashamed at the same time. I haven't visited him for months. Elani, placed her hand above my hand kaya naman napatingin ako sa kanya.

"Are you afraid?" She asked.

"Sort of..." I said and exhaled.

"Don't be. I am sure he will be happy because of your presence." She slightly squeezed my hand giving me motivation to go on. "Let's go?"

She put a little pressure on my hand to make me twist the door knob. I feel anxious but doing this beside Elani? I feel less burden.