05

"Paabot naman ng canned goods." I said dahil nasa unahan ko siya at malapit na siya sa canned goods.

"May kamay ka naman ah?" She glanced at me and raised her eyebrows.

"Sumama ka pa," Masungit kong sambit sa kanya.

"Tsk! Ikaw, ikaw ang sumama sa akin." She pointed out.

I started getting the stuff I need while trying to not look in anyone's eyes. Luckily, I survived without any problem.

"You are really scared of seeing people's future aren't you?"

I started the engine and looked at her. "I am scared. Imagine you see someone's death, their struggles and their love ones crying for them."

She stayed silent. "But you like my eyes,"

"W-Who said I like your eyes?" Fuck, I stuttered.

She giggled. "I am assuming that you like my eyes, you always stare at me."

I didn't answer. I followed her directions dahil ituturo niya sa akin kung saan ko ba siya dapat samahan and I realize that it is the way to the church.

"Are you going to attend mass?" I asked.

"Ah, no." Umiling siya at bahagyang napayuko.

I parked my car and followed Elani. The church is now light up gabi na rin kasi ,may misa na mukhang malapit ng matapos. We stop at the middle of the church's way, we are meters away from it but we can see the priest and the altar from here. I looked at Elani, tinatanaw niya ang mga taong nasa loob.

"Bakit hindi ka pumasok? Hihintayin kita rito."

Lumipat ang kanyang tingin sa akin. Isang ihip ng hangin ang lumagpas sa amin at tinangay ang ilang hibla ng kanyang buhok.

"Hindi na." Matamlay niyang tugon at bumuntong hininga.

Hindi ko alam ang dapat kong sabihin kaya't sinamahan ko na lang siyang tanawin ang mataas na simbahan. Bakit naman tinatanaw niya lang kung pwede naman siyang pumasok?

"Hindi ba 'di ka nagdadasal?" Tanong niya sa malumanay na boses.

"Oh," I said.

"When things go down where will you run?" She asked still looking at the church.

I lost my words at her questions. I... I don't know how to answer that one.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why do you think He gave you challenges?"

"I don't know, either. Trip Niya ko ganon?" I laughed a little.

"It is not like that, He believes that you got this that you can survive it. He gives us challenges to make us grow."

For grow? I don't get it.

The people inside the church started leaving, I looked at Elani as fast as I could to avoid those eyes that bears future. She gave me a small smile.

"Hinahanap na ako ng mga mata mo,"

"H-Hindi ah." I reasoned out.

She chuckled. "Let's go."

We started walking but I saw someone from a far. Elani, stop walking and looked at the direction where I am looking.

"Elizer," Lianna whispered. Kasama niya ang lalaking pinalit niya sa akin. Bumaba ang aking tingin sa kamay nilang magkahawak.

I closed my eyes when I saw her future marrying the man who she is with right now. I felt a sharp pain on my chest but seeing her smile in the future made me feel relief at the same time. I sighed, hindi talaga ako magpapasaya sa kanya eh 'no?

"What happened to you? Why are you wounded?" She walked toward me leaving a small distance between us.

The guy looked at me... happy futures.

"Stop pretending like you care." I said not looking at her. Nilagpasan ko siya at nag simulang maglakad papunta sa aking kotse. I even heard Elani saying apologies for my rudeness. Fuck, what are those apologies for? Lianna is much ruder than me, she left me for another guy!

I rest my head on the steering wheel. I heard the door opened and closed.

"Who is she? She's worried about you. How can you be so rude!?"

"She is my ex." I looked outside the window. "She left me for another man."

It was a long silence that invaded us. At the time I constructed myself I started the engine.

"I don't feel like going home." I said.

"Anywhere with you is okay," Elani said with so much careful.

Ang weird. Ngayon lang ako may makakasama sa oras na mga ganito.

I drove to the river side. Elani got out of the car and sat on the grass, kinuha ko naman ang beer na kasama sa grocery na pinamili namin kanina bago ako tumabi sa kanya.

"What happened?" she asked. "Oh, it is okay if you don't want to talk about it."

I took a sip at my canned beer. "It started two years ago. I already told you that my parents got into accident right?" I paused.

"I was in the car that time. Well, after that accident I gained the ability to see the future through looking at people's eyes. I was in a relationship with Lianna at that time. I saw her mother's future an... accident. I was terrified I don't know what to do so I just burst out. Liana thought I was retarded, then, the accident happened. She blamed me that I am the one that caused her mother's death."

I threw stones on the river. "She thought that I put a curse on her mother."

"...then the two of us broke up. I was once her everything."

I smirked. Ang dali lang sa kanyang talikuran ang isang tulad ko. I sighed, I was accused of something I didn't do.

"Are you still hurt?"

"Yeah, of course but I think it is because we didn't have the closure. I chased her, I begged for her to not leave me but she still did. Later on nalaman ko na lang na may iba na pala siya kahit kami pa."

"Why would you chase a person who cheated on you? It is basically not your fault to be cheated on. Cheaters are always not contented."

"Why would I chase her? Because I love her even if it is not my fault I am willing to bend my knees for her because I love her."

"I don't know how you feel. I have never been betrayed my whole life." She shrugged her shoulders.

Mariin ko siyang tinitigan at ng marealize niya ang sinabi niya ay tumawa siya. I bit my lower lip.

"Damn. I feel insulted." I laugh a little.

"Sabi nila hayaan mo lang na masaktan ka hanggang sa mawala na yung sakit." Tumayo siya sa tabi ng ilog kaya't sinundan ko siya.

Muntik na siyang mahulog sa ilog na nagpakaba sa akin, mabuti na lamang at nasalo ko siya. "Be careful," I said with a loud voice that scared her.

"K-kinabahan ako," She became pale, she must be really startled.

"Ma-upo na lang tayo ha," I assisted her papunta muli sa damuhan.

She lie down on the grass so I did too. "The moon is hiding and there are no stars. What a gloomy night."

She scooted over to face me. I felt awkward being watch on so I covered her face with my hand, saktong sakto lamang ang aking palad sa kanyang mukha, she bite me and I was startled. "Ano ka puppy!?" I said in shocked.

"Puppy mo, Woof! Woof!" She teased.

"Stupid," I hissed.