Introduction

It was raining.

Actually, to merely say it was raining was probably one of the hugest understatements there is! It was as if the heavens had opened and the entire contents where being hurled to the ground.

Amy watched with dismay as more and more rain flooded the streets. She thought, not for the first time, that she really really should have continued with those driving lessons she had started. But driving in the city was so busy, so fast, so frightening - there was always public transport. It had  seemed a really, really good idea at the time. Support the local economy, go green, less pollution. But staring ahead at the rain, shivering cold - well driving through a meteor shower looked pretty good at the moment.

Amy looked at her watch.

Twenty minutes had gone by and not one bus had passed. The ten minute service was really not happening today. No doubt the terrible weather had had a knock on effect.  She sighed to herself and thought of getting home, kicking off her shoes and running herself a warm bath.

Just as she was picturing herself curled up on the sofa, onsie on, her most loyal cat Fluff curled up in her lap and the boxed set of 'House' DVD's just screaming to be watched, two things happened.

1.   The 73 bus just became visible rounding the corner on its slow journey along the road.

And 2. - Her mobile phone began to ring.

Looking at her phone she could see it was the office. Inwardly she groaned, considered ignoring the call and claiming ignorance, but she knew she would feel guilty

It must be important - otherwise why would the office call on  Friday evening, 30 minutes after she had finished? Sighing to herself, telling herself she could kiss her bath and House dvd session goodbye, she answered the call.

** So hi there. No Asher is not my real name - an author needs some privacy for a new project!

Let me know what you think as we go along. Burning Bridges will be updated regularly depending on what life hurls at me.