Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The flight had been surprisingly pleasant - she had sat and enjoyed Josh's company and his amazing ability to take her mind off the fact that she was basically sat in a tin box, hurtling at a mind boggling speed thousands of feet in the air, and there was no escape.
She had even managed to fall asleep during a lull in their conversation - waking up to find her head on Josh's shoulder. The more she apologised to him, the more he roared with laughter until she herself had uncontrollable fits of giggles.
They had parted company at the airport lounge, where he had put his number in her mobile phone incase she ever needed a friend in New York.
From that moment on, the whirlwind that was becoming her life increased.
She was picked up from the airport by a very impressive looking car, with an equally impressive chauffer who even called her ma'am.
She was taken to her hotel which was where she would stay for 'as long as required' according to the notes left for her by Karen in the folder she had been handed.
And what a hotel!
She was used to a hotel room being a little room, with an ensuite if you were really lucky.
She was not expecting a huge suite with a hallway bigger than her flat at home! There was a lounge, office area, kitchen, bedroom and an entertainment suite. So much room she hadn't known what to do. She had just sat on the gorgeous sofa and looked around in disbelief. She had not expected this - obviously this was what Mr Howard had in mind for a 'basic hotel'.
Well, there was nothing that she was going to do today in the search for an impossible solution to this situation she was in. She decided her best course of action would be to eat, sleep and wake up refreshed. She called down to room service and ordered something to eat - she had been told about the five star restaurant which apparently was already covered by her suite bill, but she felt a bit guilty about eating there. Then again, she thought as she ate the gorgeous lasagne with fresh salad (how did they make even salad taste good?), the cost of this was probably more than her weekly food bill.
Finally, exhausted and not entirely sure how all this had happened so quickly, she fell asleep - The contents of her folder on Callum Howard spread out over the huge bed.
She hadn't decided what on earth she was going to do. Her final thought before falling asleep was maybe she should have called Josh for some help.