Poker Face

The team finally checked into a motel at 2:00 AM to get a few hours of sleep. Reid and I surreptitiously diverged from the group as we walked to our rooms.

"Long day." My step fell into synch with his.

"Tired?" He nudged my shoulder.

"Eh, not really." I shrugged my shoulders and entered my room without looking at him and closed the door. I liked this game we were playing, because I was winning. Moments later I heard his distinctive knock. I opened the door a crack and met his eyeline through the opening.

"Poker?" He pushed cards towards me through the door. I rolled my eyes and swung it open the rest of the way.

"Okay." I peered into the hallway to make sure no one saw Dr. Reid entering my room at 2:00 in the morning.

He shuffled the cards and did that pretentious bridge thing where he bent the deck into a steep arch and let the cards quickly file on top of each other one by one.

The deck was small in his hands while he dealt five cards to each of us. "Five card draw, nothing wild." I saw him scrunch his nose and reorganize his hand. I looked at my hand. I had a 5, 6, 8, 9, and a Jack. You should never draw to an inside straight. I've heard Reid go on and on about the low probability.

But I knew it would drive him crazy that I refused to listen to him. I slid the Jack onto the table, face down.

"I'll take one." I stared at him intensely. "Looking for a tell, Dr. Reid?"

"Unsuccessfully." He looked back to his cards and placed two on the table. "I'll take two." He dealt the card to each of us and I picked up a glossy 7 of diamonds to complete my straight. I hid my smugness.

He realized we had nothing with which to bet, so he grabbed a tin of cashews from the snack plate and emptied it onto the table, evenly distributing the nuts between us.

"I bid 5 cashews." I daintily tossed them into the middle.

"I see your 5, and I raise you 10." I raised my eyebrows and matched his bet. This went on some time. Eventually, we were going all in.

"I forget you're from Vegas." I pushed the remaining cashews into the middle of the table.

"Now you won't." He smugly revealed his three kings. I feigned defeat, and he reached out to claim his winnings. I grabbed his wrist and dropped the act.

"Not so fast, doctor." I dropped my straight onto the table and raked in the fake chips. His confusion was cute.

"Elle, did you draw to an inside straight?"

"Yes, save me the lecture." I rolled my eyes.

"The probability is minuscule, especially when-"

"You're just annoyed you lost, Vegas." I chuckled and walked over to sit on his lap. His gaze moved from the cards to me. I kissed the base of his neck, moving up towards his ear. "I win," I sang softly.

"Lucky shot." His eyes closed while I continued to move my lips up his neck and to his jawline. He turned and kissed me hard with his hand on my back. He slipped the other under my knees and lifted me. I enjoyed the familiarity.

He tossed me onto the bed and I laughed as he undressed. I took off everything while he watched. I was still beaming. He leaned down and took my jaw in his hand, tilting my face up to meet his.

"Why can't you be serious for one second?" He kissed me harder this time, grabbing my hair tightly at the base of my neck. I pulled him down on top of me and soon we were entirely engulfed in each other.

His hand traveled up and down the length of my torso before moving in between my legs. He waited for my hips to start to rock before sliding his fingers into me. I held the back of his neck tighter, trying to be quiet.

He kissed me while his fingers pulsed inside of me, and removed them right as my thighs began to shake. I expected him to enter me immediately, but he started to kiss me gently instead. I pulled away and widened my eyes, silently asking him to continue.

He leaned down and whispered into my ear. "Ask for it first." I grabbed his chin and pulled his head up to face me.

"What if I don't?" I moved fingers softly along the sides of his face and started to rock my hips against his. He smiled and ran a finger down my chest and traced circles on my stomach.

"Then I leave." I let my mouth fall open in shock.

"You wouldn't." He tilted his head and raised his eyebrows sharply. I rolled my eyes and drummed my fingers on his shoulders.

"Please. Do it." I begged him with my eyes, not used to being denied what I wanted. He smiled and kissed me before moving into me slowly. I inhaled sharply. He continued, increasing in speed. I moaned quietly which caused him to bring a finger to his lips, reminding me to be quiet.

It seemed like he went deeper with every movement, and I started to softly moan again. This time, he placed a hand over my mouth while he slid into me over and over again.

My nails went into his back as I felt myself tightening in anticipation. Moments later, I came completely undone. My hips moved down and my stomach twitched. I moaned into his hand, and looked up at him while he remained focused on moving into me.

I stroked his hair while his grip on the sheets tightened. I could tell he was close. I heard him mutter profanities under his breath as he got closer and closer.

"Do it, Reid. I love watching you when it happens."  He looked up to me to respond, but winced and fell down onto me. His head rested next to me on the bed while he laced his fingers into mine and pulled my arms above my head.

He got off of me and stared at me below him, faintly smiling before kissing me slowly and purposefully. I loved how he did that. He collapsed to the side of me and sighed.

I moved next to his and he moved a hand to my head and petted my hair. "That was amazing."

"You've improved, Dr. Reid." He chuckled softly before turning off the lamp to his left. As we drifted off to sleep, I heard him speak again softly.

"You know you can call me by my first name." I smiled and kissed his chest where my head rested.

"Where's the fun in that?"