Part Five

The door to Marinette's hospital room opened.

"Marinette! It was such a surprise to hear you're in here!" Alya said walking in with Kagami, Adrien trailing slowly behind them. "I'm only here for testing. I always was a little anemic, I guess I pushed myself too hard." She laughed as she locked eyes with Adrien. It's all my fault. All my fault, all my fault. Yet you haven't reprimanded me yet, Adrien thought to himself.

"Well, we'll want you well rested, so we can see you at school soon! See you later!" Kagami called out as her and Alya left the room. Leaving just her and Adrien. "Hey," She said as he reached for her door handle. "Have you transformed since?" He looked at her, "No, I haven't." "Why not? It's not your fault, you know. The ladybugs fixed me after the cataclysm. It was my fault I pushed myself too far." "Being Chat Noir is too much. You need a partner who can help you, I'm just a regular guy." "Is that a bad thing? Do you think you'll be able to forget?" The two stared at each other before he left.

"What did you two talk about?" Kagami asked him as they left the hospital together. "Oh, nothing." "If you don't wanna tell me you don't have to." "Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to offer." "Nonsense, you have loads of good qualities."

**

"Hey, Adrien!" Alya called out to him. "We should go to the hospital to see Marinette, she's getting out tomorrow." He shook his head, "I don't think I should. I'd feel awkward." "But she leans on you, Adrien." "That doesn't mean anything." Her phone pings and she pulls out her phone, "People are totally going crazy over the Ladyblog after what happened the other day. Chat really came back out of nowhere, I'll never forget it." She smiled at the people she idolized dearly on her phone. Do you think you'll be able to forget? Adrien heard Marinette's words in his head.

**

Marinette sat on her hospital bed staring at the cloudy sky. Chat Noir is just a part of you, but that day Chat Noir was everything to you. Just like it was the day you lost your mom, that's why it hurts too much for you to bear. Your pain is too much. Way too much. Do you think you'll be able to forget? No, never. Because being Chat Noir and Ladybug means everything to us. Because you're a superhero, just like me. That day was a disaster, but still these people will never forget us. I won't forget you ever, Chat. Even if I die, I won't forget you, Adrien.

"Thank you so much. Thank you, Adrien Agreste." She whispered to the boy.
His response was quick, "You're the main hero, but the one being supported was me. Thank you." He walked out of the room she was in.

"So I passed out again... huh?" She whispered to herself and put her head in her hands.

**

Marinette walked into class and sat in front of Adrien. Her and Alya were joking around and laughing together. Don't get the wrong idea Adrien, she just wanted her partner back. Nothing more.

After school, Adrien was making his usual way home when he saw Marinette sitting with Xavier Ramier or Mr. Pigeon. They were feeding pigeons together and she had her bright happy smile. "Hey." She stood up and looked at him as he was about to walk past her. "What're you doing?" "Feeding pigeons, isn't it obvious?" She said with a laugh. Mr. Pigeon put his finger under his chin, "You said you were waiting for someone." She shook her head and smiled at Adrien and began to walk with him right next to her.

"Will you promise me something?" She asked. "Hm?" "Will you still be Chat Noir?" "Marinette—" She quickly cut him off knowing what he was gonna say, "You're still afraid. There you go, looking down again. You know, all superheroes are afraid. Maybe you'll mess up. Maybe they'll totally reject you. Even so, you grit your teeth and you save everyone anyway. Something compels us, moves us to help people." "Is it like that for you too?" You shine so brightly, it's too blinding for me, I just have to close my eyes.

"I'm a guy who left everyone for my selfish needs. I don't deserve to be a hero in anyone's eyes." I wanted to save everyone, I worked so hard to save everyone. Thinking one day maybe I could save you... Mom.

"I'm sure there's been tons of Ladybugs and Chat Noirs before us who felt the same way. And that's why we're here. Me and you. As if it was fate for us to be together." Her words make Adriens's face red. I can't help, but aspire to be just like you.

"Come on, let's dive in!" She runs to the edge of the nearby bridge. Before Adrien can stop her, she jumps in. She smiles up at him, he'd do anything just for that beautiful smile. So he jumped in with her. They both laughed together, soaking wet.