Part Eight

Marinette placed her purse on the sink in the bathroom before walking into the stall.

"Did you see that girl who just came in?" A lady whispered to the one next to her, she pointed to Marinette's purse, "What a pile of medication."

Hearing this she quickly walked out of the stall, embarrassed she forgot her purse on the sink, even more embarrassed about the comments those women made.

**

"Come on, how long has he been gone? And there's no Ladybug in sight." Alya said to Marinette who was standing next to her while she recorded everything for her Ladyblog. "It doesn't really matter at all. Just by being in this space alone, he's sure to feel stimulated. There's no way he won't feel provoked. The monsters won't let him hang back. They won't allow him to stop. After all, Chat Noir is a superhero."

This is so strange, I've only ever fought alone once. My heart is pounding. It's so hot and so violent. Is it because Marinette believes in me? Without holding back, grasping with both hands, shaking my soul to the very core. He imagined Marinette in his head, I'm the same as you.

"I'm sure the clock hands will move. Time will start flowing again." Alya tilted her head at what Marinette was saying. As he began fighting, Marinette put her head in her hands. Scared to watch.

Sweat was pouring down Chat's face, not from the fight itself, but from the amount of fear he held. His body nearly froze as he got a memory of his mother.

Adrien landed next to the hospital and transformed back before running inside to see his mom. "How was school? Did you help a lot of people?" He smiled and nodded, "Yes!" He rambled on and on about the small acts he did today. His mom smiled at him, "Good for you. That makes me better. All of those things are the best medication for me." Adrien looked down, "I'll help a billion people, if it makes you better. I'll help as many people as you want. So..."

Chat Noir was standing still, his mind clearly elsewhere. Marinette bit her lip as she heard a crash, looking up with her mouth open as she saw Chat was the one fighting.

You're gonna help another person for me today, aren't you, Adrien?

His mind went to another memory. Him and Kagami walking home from school, "Your mom hasn't been feeling well?" She asked him. He shook his head, "She's gonna be hospitalized soon and I'm sure. It's all my fault." Maybe if I was a better son. Maybe if I loved her more. Maybe I could of saved her.

When Adrien's mom died, his dad was absolutely livid. He pushed Adrien to the floor. "You should be ashamed!" His father yelled at him. "All I wanted was for you both to be happy. Even when I wanted to play with my friends, even when you hit me. I put up with it so much and kept trying to be the perfect son. All I wanted was for her to get better. And yet... I wish you died instead of her!" He screamed at his father.

That was the last time I said anything to my dad. He's been traveling to stay away from me ever since. I can't remember my dad's face that day. It feels like a big hole peering over me.

Chat Noir was distracted to anyone watching him. "He's starting to unravel." Alya said to the girl she was with who was now gone. "Marinette?" She called out, only to get focused back on the fight when she saw Ladybug finally show up to help Chat.

After the fight was over, Ladybug swung with Chat Noir back to the alleyway they transformed in. She placed her hand on his as they both transformed back.

"Looks like I lost today." Adrien smiled at her.

"Oh kitty," She pressed his hand to her lips, "You still imagine what happened the day she passed don't you?" "I haven't escaped it. What if... What if I can't?" "Setbacks are what come with being a superhero." She said and kissed his knuckles once more. They went up to Marinette's balcony and sat together.

"The stars are shining so brightly tonight, aren't they?" She said resting her head on his shoulder with his jacket laying over her body.