Chapter 4

For some reason after jisung died, i always carry my umbrella despite having a low chance of rain. I used to the love rain because of the sense of joy and comfort it gives but after the incident i started hating it.

According to the news han was on his way to the dorm when a car suddenly lost control and hit him due to the wet pavement caused by the rain.

"Hayoung-ah, why are you being so diligent in studying all of a sudden? i'm starting to think you hit your head too hard." My mom said while laughing

"You should be proud of me, why are you teasing me mom." I hurriedly chug the milk and look at the time.

(7:00 am)

"Slow down! You might have an upset stomach"

"I'm gonna go mom! See yah!" I gave her a kiss in the forehead and bid her goodbye.

Despite my true goal of saving hanji, i also wanted to make my life better. I don't wanna disappoint my mom again in the future that's why i'm being like this.

I left extra early today coz i suspected that jisung has been taking the earliest bus trip to avoid people. I haven't seen him for a week after what happened.

"Hopefully i could see him today"

My heart almost jump out of my chest when i saw a boy sitting patiently in the waiting area.

He looks so peaceful sitting in there

What should i do?

Should i sit next to him?

I tried my best to act normally and sit next to him. He was busy scribbling notes in his notebook again.

What now? What's next?

I was busy arranging my thoughts of how i should approach him.

"Huh? It's raining.. i didn't even bring my umbrella with me." he mumbled.

I look at him and saw that he was looking at the blue sky that is now being swallowed by dark clouds.

The bus came but unfortunately it was swarmed by a lot of people due to the heavy rain.

I looked at him and saw that he was probably in a dilemma.

Whether to ride the bus full of people or to walk and get soaked in the rain.

"Here, use my umbrella." I handed him my umbrella full of squirrel stickers and got on the bus quickly so he won't have the chance to refuse.

He looked confused but i saw a small smile in his tiny face.

"I'm glad i helped you out" i mumbled.

_

"Okay class, i would like to announce something.. can we please give Ms. Hayoung Lee a round of applause for being selected 1st place in the poetry contest ." Our homeroom teacher then signaled me to stand up.

The whole class started applauding and some were even yelling and congratulating me.

"Who knew hayeong could be a honorable student, class i want you to be like her okay."

He ended the class after saying few other words to motivate the class.

The truth is, after jisung died i tried my best to do different things to get him out of my head. That's when i discovered Poetry making.
I'm just glad that i can use that skill now and improve my younger self.

"Yah hayoung-ah, i didn't know you were into poetry?" Minjin said looking intrigue

"Sorry i never told you guys, i was just embarrassed i guess." I laugh nervously

"It's like you're a completely different person, for some reason why do i feel like you've grown more mature now?" Soo ha stated.

"Ya, i agree sometimes i feel like i'm talking to an adult."

"Guys stop, i'm just trying my best to have a better future i guess."

"Well my future looks as dark as my eye circle" sooha said while pointing at her eye bag

"Nah, you'll be a successful women who has a very stable job, both of you." I said and pat their backs.

"I don't think so but thanks for that hayoung" they both giggled.

We all decided to head at the karaoke bar and eat tteobeokki after.

I miss hanging out with them actually, i miss being this young ang genuinely happy.