Chapter 3

"Hayeong-ah! Yah! Hayeong-ah! are you alright?"

I felt an intense pain in my head.

"Am i dead?"
Why do i hear my mom's voice.

"Are you stupid?" My mom hit me again in the head

"Aw! That hurts!" I opened my eyes and saw my mom raising a brow at me.

"Why the hell are you running down the stairs! Are you a kid?!" My mom pulled me up and dust away my clothes.

"You're wasting all your time and energy living as a fool!" She gave me a death glare and went to the kitchen.

For some reason i am extremely confused.

That's weird, why does mom look a bit younger today. Is it because i don't see her that often?

But i thought i fell from the roof? Why am i still alive?

"Hayoung-ah! Come and eat! You're gonna be late for school! Minjin and Sooha will be here soon" My mom shouted.

"What do you mean they'll be here, they're working mom!" I shouted in irritation. She doesn't have to remind me that two of my friends are now properly employed unlike me.

"My baby, you probably hit your head too hard, should we go to the hospital?" She looks genuinely concerned and it annoys me.

"Mom can you sto-"

I look at the kitchen mirror and realized i have long hair and i look a little younger than usual.

"I clearly cut this off? What's happening?"

I look at my mom's hair who's tied neatly in a bun.

"Did you dye your hair black?"

"Why would i? I'm not stressed lately, so those white hairs won't be appearing sooner or later.

"But you have w-white hair..."

I quickly look at the calendar and froze.

(2015)

I heard a loud beep in my ears and my head began to hurt so much.

Then i passed out.

When i woke up i saw Sooha and Minjin playing uno card beside my bed.
They look extremely young and even had uniforms on.

"Hayoung ah! You're brilliant! We finally have an excuse to skip class!" Soo ha was enthusiastically jumping in my room.

"You sly! I didn't know you'd actually do something like this to skip class" both minjin and sooha giggled.

"Wait what? What are you guys talking about?"

"You said you're bored and you don't wanna go to school today so you're gonna make a scene."

"You really deserve an award for this hayoung"

"Huh? I-ah.."

My heart suddenly started beating so fast.

I remember...

Jisung-ah..

I stand up and quickly grab my phone and wallet.

"Yah hayoung?! Where are you going?!"

I quickly dashed out of my room

"See you at school!"

Leaving those two in awe.

I was frantically out of breath from running, i don't even know what to expect. I don't even care if this is a dream..

"I just want to see you"

My heart was beating so fast other people could probably hear it by now.

My throat feels so dry and soar.

I don't even know what i'm gonna do if i saw him today.

Hug him?

Talk to him?

He'll probably think i'm a weirdo.

But...

"Ah noona? You drop your umbrella."

"That voice"

I turned around quickly and i saw the man i'd been wishing for stand before my eyes.

Tears just came by out of my eyes naturally.

"Are you alright?" He looks like a lost puppy looking for his parents right now.

He handed me a handkerchief and awkwardly pats my shoulder.

I tried to snap out of it and composed myself.

"Oh sorry about that, you just look like someone i knew before."

He smiled awkwardly and hand me the umbrella.

Of all the things i planned to do, did i really have to bawl my eyes out at him.

I feel like my face is red from what i did.

He immediately gets on the bus and sat at the back like he always does to avoid people.

There are only 7-8 people in the bus today including me. I tried my hardest not to look at him so he wouldn't confuse me as some weirdo.

As usual he puts on his earphone and starts scribbling in his little notebook.

14 year old jisung is still cute and tiny.
I miss him a lot, i thank the moon or whatever it is that allowed me to meet him again.

"I'll do my best to save you, jisungie"