Chapter 2

After what happened 5 years ago i stop going to school for a month, i couldn't even ride the bus because it reminded me of him. I even cut my hair multiple times and never grew them back again thinking that would help me cut him out of my life.
My grades were already slipping before, so taking a one month break didn't do me any good. I failed and had to retake it again. I applied for college and i'm currently a senior at my school at the age of 23.

"Hayeong-ah, i really think you should date now." Soojin looked at me with a worried face

"I mean you've been single for two decades already, do you want me to set you up on a date?" Minjin pats my head and poured me a shot of soju.

I drank the soju and gave them a tired look.

"Are you guys gonna keep bugging me about this? Don't y'all have a job? Why are you here?"

"It's our day off, and don't go changing the subject!" Minjin persisted

"Is it because of him again?"

"No, i told you i'm okay now. I'm just busy with all this schoolworks and thesis. I don't have time to mingle with guys." I winked at the both of them and drank the soju again.

"We're just worried that you'll be stuck in that dead guy for the rest of your life hayeong-ah" soo ha caressed my head and look at me as if she's about to cry.

"Minjin-ah, i think our friend here is drunk already, you guys should get going since you have work tomorrow."

"I guess you're right, anyways call me if you're interested in that blind date!" Minjin pulled soo ha and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll see you again soon, call us when you need anything okay?"

I just noded and waved them goodbye.

The truth is..

I still think of him, up to this day i still want to see him.

I thought it would be gone once i start distracting myself. I tried talking to other guys but i always end up thinking of him...

How funny right? We never even had any sort of conversation nor interaction with each other.

I was simply a fan who adored him from afar..

So why does it still hurts?

I chugged down the remaining soju and ordered a new one.

It's his death anniversary today.

The good thing is that a lot of people still remember him, fans are still active and would pay respect during his birthday and death anniversary. The group's also doing great, despite the incident i'm happy that they were able to handle what happened.

(TV news report~ eclipse to be seen tonight at exactly 11:30 in the evening)

"Woah, guys guys! Have you heard of that famous myth about the God of the moon?"

I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, it's just that those bunch of college students are speaking loudly as if they were the only ones here.

"They said if you wish tonight during eclipse at the top of a cliff then the God of the Moon will hear you."

"That's nonsense! Who would believe those things!" The group of friends began laughing.

"Childish" i mumbled as i stand up and leave.

It's already 10:05 pm and i decided to walk home knowing that there's no available bus at this hour and taxi fares are expensive.

When i went home i saw a note from my mom saying that she's gone for a business trip.

"Again..?" I crumpled the paper and throw it in the garbage bin.

For some reason i didn't wanna be alone today..

"I miss him."

I stare at the wall clock blankly watching it tiks continuously.

(11:15 pm)

"Should i do it?"

I must have been drunk for thinking this way

(11:16 pm)

"Stop being miserable hayeong-ah"

(11:17 pm)

I quickly grab my jacket and ran as fast as i can to the apartment's rooftop.

(11:23 pm)

"Ugh! I must be out of my head!" I hit my head aggressively thinking how stupid this idea is.

Without thinking i climb the parapet wall of the rooftop.

"Oh shoot it's so high up here!"

I checked my watch and it's already 11:28 pm

I Suddenly felt ashamed of what i'm doing, as if i'm a pathetic kid who's whining for attention.

I was about to go down the parapet when i accidentally slipped.

and before i could even grab the wall i was already falling.

Damn, life was really hard..

Why is everything so unfair?

I just want to be happy.

"I wish i could have saved him" i mumbled those words as i closed my eyes.

(11:30 pm)