『 𝐓𝐖𝐎 』

꒰ ➘_ 𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝘄 ; ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʷᵒ ꒱ ˏ𖥸ˎ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━❀━━━━━━━
۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫

Making our way home, the four of us walked through the narrow streets, a mellow ambiance setting before us. After the small mishap with the two men that were previously trailing me, Armin had held my hand tight, refusing to let me off of his sight. I was very comforted, knowing I had such good friends like them with me.

The evening progressed, the sun slowly began its journey off the horizon, leaving us with the warm afterglow of the setting sky.

"Tomorrow's the day, huh?" Eren spoke softly from in front of us, gazing at the meager amount of clouds in the sky.

Mikasa shifted her eyes to him. "It's not too late to back out. We don't have to do this."

Eren rolled his eyes, "you can back out then." With a growl, he continued, "I've already decided what my future will be like."

Mikasa sighed. "If you're going then I'm going," she uttered, concluding the debate.

I felt Armin squeeze my hand. Peering my eyes towards him, I saw a small sliver of fear in his big sapphire eyes.

I squeezed back. "I can't believe it's been two years already..."

I quickened my pace, trudging Armin along with me so we could walk next to Eren and Mikasa.

"Two years of your incessant yelling," I nudged Eren with my elbow, teasing him in attempts of lightening the mood.

Before he could vocalize another one of his rants, I quickly spoke.

"Today's our last day." I lifted my right hand, sprawling my fingers up at the sky as if I wanted to capture one of the fluffy clouds. "I'm lucky I met you three."

With a soft smile dancing on my lips, my subconscious slowly pulled my memories from two years ago back to my thoughts.

"Oh, is this the girl everyone has been fussing about?"

"She certainly is pretty."

"Hey, baby, don't be rude~"

Ignoring the crude comments from the strangers, I rapidly made my way off of the refugee after I had received my rationed bread. Speeding out into the crowded town, I kept walking until I was certain I wasn't being followed anymore. Turning a corner on the now empty street, I came to face an isolated dead end.

'Fuck!'

Quickly turning around to get out of here, I saw the men from earlier leering down at me, cornering me and blocking my only way of escaping.

"Ah~ I didn't know you were this bold."

"She led us here because she knew we would be all alone," one laughed.

Plastering a confident facade on, I held my head high as I made my way through the men to exit the dead end. As I was about to taste the sweet victory of making my way out and being safe once again, one of the men held my wrist tight, squeezing it hard.

"Ah, ah, where are you going?" he whispered close to my ear. "We still haven't had our fun."

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. The man kicked me on the back of my knees, causing me to topple over and land on the dampened ground.