『 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 』

꒰ ➘_ 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂? ; ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠⁱᵛᵉ ꒱ ˏ𖥸ˎ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━❀━━━━━━━

۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫۰ ۪۪۫۫

After the hellish welcome to the military by your instructor Shadis, you were forced to initiate training immediately after, not a second wasted. Shadis instantly sent the group to run fifty laps around the field, telling them that this was his gift to the recruits.

Running wasn't something you had trouble with- growing up you had done plenty of that to survive- but the constant heat from the scorching sun didn't help in motivating you. Ignoring the discomfort, you willed yourself to push through it, wanting to be done with the laps.

Fortunately, the introduction ceremony had gone smoothly, as you weren't one of the multiple cadets that were chosen to speak and introduce themselves- thank god. Although it had gone facilely for you, one girl had stood out from the rest, her imprudent behavior of snacking while the man spoke had caused her extra work, as she was ordered to continue running beyond the fifty laps until she could no longer stand.

The events had unfolded earlier in the morning, and now that dinnertime was nearing, the poor cadet remained out on the field. You had to admire her stamina- as she had been running in this blazing weather for hours- she still managed to remain strong.

"Y/n," Mikasa's voice drew you back from your thoughts. Turning around to face her, you saw how she had just finished organizing her belongings in the small bed assigned to her. "They're calling us for dinner."

Glancing around the room, you noticed how it was fairly empty as most of the other recruits had already gone to get their portion of food. Knowing that the stress of the sudden change was getting to you and distracted you from reality, you forced yourself to snap out of it. Now that you had finally arrived on your first day of military, you couldn't afford to slack or grow distracted.

'Focus, y/n!'

With a firm nod at Mikasa, you both proceeded your way to the common room where dinner was being served.

The military training base wasn't large, or at least not the type of large you had expected. The small buildings only offered the necessary services, as there was only the sleeping headquarters, the kitchen and the common room, one main office, and the training field.

The field seemed to be the most prominent part of the base, extending from all sides as far as your eyes could see. The earthy, deserted area wasn't much keen on looks, but you had decided to force yourself to grow used to it as you would be spending the next three years of your life in this barren base.

Walking into the common room with Mikasa, your sight was bombarded with the groups of cadets sitting at their respected tables, the idle chatter filling your ears. Although you had seen how full the field seemed earlier today, now that you had a chance to see them all in this room, you realized that there weren't as many recruits as you previously thought. At least not as much as what it had seemed out on the field.

Trudging behind Mikasa's tall frame, you both proceeded to grab a tray to be served some dinner. Thanking the lady who gave you a hefty portion of food, you both made your way to the table where Eren and Armin sat.

"Hey, blondie," you greeted Armin as you took the seat in front of him- not bothering to greet Eren as he was currently in an intense discussion with other cadets. "How was today?"

Armin gave you a soft smile. "Scary," he confessed as he remembered the look on Shadis' glare when he asked the boy to introduce himself. "I wasn't expecting to initiate with physical training today."